No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadWings update: 28 points in 57 games. The '85-'86 team is the last time that they finished DFL in the league, with 40 points. This year's team might be that bad. Let's hope that the draft lottery is kind!

The team is genuinely lacking talent, but I don't agree that coaching can't make a difference. There have been tons of teams sneaking into the playoffs over the years with shitty talent. Jacques Demers took that '85-'86 team and got them to the conference championship game in one year.

Comment

• Athanasiou to the Oilers for two second round draft picks plus Sam Gagne. Andreas has an NHL worst -45 +/- in only 46 games and has only 10 goals this year. Also, he is in the final year of his contract and will be a RFA.

Mike Green is gone to the Oilers too. For a burger and fries, essentially.

Yzerman has fully embraced the rebuild and has signalled that Blashill will be back next season.
      Last edited by Hannibal; February 25, 2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• NHL suspends its season.

Comment

• Technically speaking, as a Red Wings fan with an English degree, I feel I can speak for all of us, even the Detroit Red Wings Club themselves, when I say the following.

Fucking Fuck! - I dont even know why I bother anymore. What another draft clusterfuck thanks to Gary Bettman. Wings fans and fans of all the lottery teams. Fuck the NHL. So a team who is in the playoffs right now is going to pick #1

Again

A TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS JUST WON THE NHL DRAFT LOTTERY.

Steve Yzerman somehow stays calm after Detroit Red Wings burned by NHL draft lottery again

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ry/3268655001/

From a college football point a view....

Comment

• Alexis Lafreniere was on Skype to be interviewed what team he will be playing for and they canceled it.

Comment

• I thought that only teams that don’t make the playoffs were even eligible?

Comment

• August 1

Game 1: Hurricanes vs. Rangers, 12 p.m. ET | TV: NBCSSN

Game 1: Blackhawks vs. Oilers, 3 p.m. ET | TV: NBC

Game 1: Panthers vs. Islanders, 4 p.m. ET | TV: NBCSN

Game 1: Canadiens vs. Penguins, 8 p.m. ET | TV: NBC

Game 1: Jets vs. Flames, 10:30 p.m. ET | TV: NBCSN

Comment

• Damn they are playing the games after all? They haven't made much noise about this. What does that mean for the next season?

Comment

• NHLtv is only five bucks. Sold!

Comment

• First game was pretty good. Second game -- obvious that Emrick is watching on TV.

Comment

• That was weird with the seats covered up and fake crowd noise.

I really miss the Red Wings being contenders I cant stress that enough.

NHL is in a bubble like the NBA two hub cities -- Toronto and Edmonton. Both cities are in Canada because the US has screwed up this Covid 19 pandemic response so badly.

Eventually, the league will consolidate and play the conference finals and Stanley Cup Final in (Edmonton).

Comment

• Games today feel like regular season so far. I’ll take it though.

Also — when did they change the words of the Canadian National Anthem?

Comment

• I really miss the Red Wings being contenders I cant stress that enough.
                            I don't think you'll have to wait too long. The Ilitch family have been pretty good stewards with the Red Wings and they'll work hard to get them back to being competitive again. I think they're on the right road with the Tigers too.

Now the FORD family with the Lions is another story.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Red Wings still have a long way to go. The organization is still largely bereft of talent. If they are to win a Stanley Cup, it will be mostly with guys who aren’t on the team yet.

Comment

• Pretty decent hockey so far. I can’t stress enough what a godsend it is that Disney is no longer involved with NHL coverage. The only negative aspect of NBC’s family of coverage is that they have added a token female color commentator whose completely worthless and empty commentary makes Barry Melrose look like a divine prophet.

Comment

Working...
                                X