• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I believe Michigan, at full strength, was as good as all four teams in the FF, and could have beaten all of them.

Gonzaga would not have been undefeated in the B1G. Neither would Baylor. UCLA was no better than the middle 5 of the Big Ten.
      Baylor would have outclassed Michigan, not enough depth to compete. Baylor played like an NBA team in how they could run the screen and roll game and their ability to hit from NBA range threes.

The Big Ten is consistently overrated in basketball, they always have good teams but suffer in the tournament because they can't do what you saw tonight. Baylor dictated the terms of the game. You aren't deep enough if you have to keep on saying at full strength and there was only one player out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Baylor would have outclassed Michigan, not enough depth to compete. Baylor played like an NBA team in how they could run the screen and roll game and their ability to hit from NBA range threes.

The Big Ten is consistently overrated in basketball, they always have good teams but suffer in the tournament because they can't do what you saw tonight. Baylor dictated the terms of the game. You aren't deep enough if you have to keep on saying at full strength and there was only one player out.
        Don't know if that's quite fair. Over the past 20 years Michigan, MSU, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin have all played in the NCAA Final. A lot of FF appearances on top of that.

Comment

• Don't confuse him with facts, Strangelove.

When it comes to Gonzaga 2021, and making them play a Big Ten schedule, I think they would have finished in the top five of the Big Ten, maybe even the top three. At their peak, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio State, Iowa and even Wisconsin, were very good teams this year. Purdue was very good for a while. I think Gonzaga would have had a lot of trouble going thru that meat grinder.

Baylor would have likely been in that top five group as well. Those two guards are as good as any guard combo that has ever played CBB.

UCLA would have finished no better than 5th. Even MSU would have handled them in conference play.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Baylor and Gonzaga would have finished 1-2 in the B1G. They were the two best teams in the country.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              Baylor and Gonzaga would have finished 1-2 in the B1G. They were the two best teams in the country.
              You need to STFU.

And my wife wants her panty hose back, pronto.

I have no idea why you'd want them. They're big enough to fit both you and I at the same time ....
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Me and Joe Namath are gonna go rob banks
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, in retrospect, Baylor was the team to fear, and still would have won even if they weren't shooting out of their minds. Not Gonzaga. Save for Suggs, Gonzaga looked like it had the same lack of elite athletes problem the Big 10 does. Also could have played some defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Don't know if that's quite fair. Over the past 20 years Michigan, MSU, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin have all played in the NCAA Final. A lot of FF appearances on top of that.
                    I'm aware of the final four appearances, of those teams you mentioned MSU has the most in the last 20 years. Either they choke in the final weekend or they don't have a team as dominant as what Baylor was.

The conference has gotten to some final fours. But overall they lay a lot more eggs in the tournament than really excel. Eventually you should win a title. The big ten hasn't won a title in 20 years. There was a lot of talk about the conference this year and it blew chunks in the tournament. It was embarrassing how bad the Big Ten was. Getting to a final four is nice for an individual program, but for a conference that consistently gets so many teams in, there should be more.appearances and a few titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Baylor and Gonzaga would have finished 1-2 in the B1G. They were the two best teams in the country.
                      Correct, they lost two games and I think all of their wins were by at least 8 points. That is dominating.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        Well, in retrospect, Baylor was the team to fear, and still would have won even if they weren't shooting out of their minds. Not Gonzaga. Save for Suggs, Gonzaga looked like it had the same lack of elite athletes problem the Big 10 does. Also could have played some defense.
                        It reminded me when UNLV roughed up Arkansas and Nolan Richardson said that we got to get those kind of grown ass men to compete. And they did.

Comment

• Arizona has finally shown Sean Miller the door.

Comment

• About time.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yikes, Dino Gaudio, former head coach at Wake Forest, former ESPN announcer, and former Louisville assistant up until a month ago is being federally charged with extortion.

Feds say he was extorting the U of Louisville itself, threatening to tell the media about numerous recruiting violations at the school. Was demanding 17 months salary to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

• God...Coach K retiring at the end of the year. ESPN is is going to be a 6 month long weep-fest.

"This is the last time Coach K will step into hallowed Littlejohn Coliseum...sob...it's quite a moment"

Comment

Working...
                                X