No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is always a good college regular season game on TV during the season, but it usually is not a big ten game. I'll watch some Michigan and MSU games, but I don't waste my time with much else in the Big Ten it is not very entertaining

I have tried to watch regular season NBA. I get bored and turn it off. I'd rather watch the Sunbelt Conference.
    Last edited by CGVT; April 5, 2022, 08:42 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• College hoops would greatly improve by going to the quarter system and doing the bonus like the NBA does. Teams get in the bonus so fast, nobody wants to see free throw contests.. The 4 TV timeouts a half is abhorrent, it might be the stupidest rule in sports and it is exacerbated during the tournament with what seems like the same four commercials Lily, Charles, Sam, Spike, the Gecko and Reggie Miller over and over.

Comment

• Yeah why DO the college women play 4 quarters and the men two halves?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          College hoops would greatly improve by going to the quarter system and doing the bonus like the NBA does. Teams get in the bonus so fast, nobody wants to see free throw contests.. The 4 TV timeouts a half is abhorrent, it might be the stupidest rule in sports and it is exacerbated during the tournament with what seems like the same four commercials Lily, Charles, Sam, Spike, the Gecko and Reggie Miller over and over.
          The media timeouts and the team timeouts are too much. Add that to stopping play in the last two minutes to check replays and it can get to be a problem. Of course the last two minutes of an NBA game take about thirty minutes to play and is much worse.

I wish they would limit TOs in the last two minutes of the game. Coach in practice and let the players play in the game.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't mind the timeouts at the end of the game, they generally don't have that many by the end. The reviews are awful and are a negative.

Comment

I don't mind the timeouts at the end of the game, they generally don't have that many by the end. The reviews are awful and are a negative.
              Yep. I was watching an NBA game (gasp!) and I don't remember who the analyst was but they had a review late in the game and he went off on the entire process. It was one of those plays where two players were going for a rebound it was hit out by a player but it "may" have gone off of the other player's finger tip. The kind of play that doesn't even get an argument on the play ground. but...They analysed the hell out of it. Frame by frame over and over until they decided to reverse the call. In every gym or playground in the country, it would have been accepted that the guy knocked the ball out of bounds and everyone would have headed to the other end of the court.

The analyst basically said the same and said that the constant replay late in the game was bullshit. I agree

Comment

• Speaking of over hyped NBA superstars, the LA Bron's were eliminated from the NBA playoffs last night by Phoenix. I don't get this. Won't the NBA have to cancel its playoffs if LA Bron is not involved? What will the networks talk about? And has anyone checked with China to see if LA Bron being eliminated was cleared with them first?

A season that started with championship promise for the Lakers ended with them failing to qualify for the play-in tournament. A loss to the Suns on Tuesday coupled with a Spurs win officially eliminated Los Angeles from playoff contention.

Oh, the humanity .. and humiliation ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Overhyped? He's one of the best players of all time. If you think he's overhyped, you don't know much about basketball. Lebron the player is much better than LeBron the GM. The Westbrook trade was stupid and it's killed the Lakers.

Comment

I don't mind the timeouts at the end of the game, they generally don't have that many by the end. The reviews are awful and are a negative.
                      And while we’re talking time out, there is nothing worse than the Get the ball to half court and call time out with 10 seconds left in a tight game so that the genius coach can draw up a play when you know that all that is going to happen is the “star” is going to try to go one on one and end up throwing up some desperation heave at the buzzer. The same with the “dribble it down to 10 seconds” before starting the play strategy.

BTW, I blame Kobe Bryant for the “my team, I’m the closer” bullshit mentality that permeates through all levels of the game

Comment

• Isiah was doing that long before Kobe. Lebron got heavy criticism early in his career for not taking the shot when he would drive and dish to an open player.

I don't mind the timeout to call a play, but having good plays to call out of a timeout requires a coach that has a lot of plays that they have actually run through in practices and players who buy in. Like if Steve Kerr is the coach, I want him taking that timeout because he has load of plays and a guy who can hit from anywhere on the court.

Comment

• Villanova's Jay Wright reportedly retiring. Surprising, unless it's for health reasons.

Comment

• Former MSU star Miles Bridges in deep trouble.

Miles Bridges' Wife Posts Injury Photos After Alleged Attack (tmz.com)

Charlotte Hornets' Miles Bridges arrested in Los Angeles on eve of free agency (espn.com)

Comment

• Bridges was charged with felony domestic abuse.

It wasn't just a shove. He beat that gal.

He in trouble.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• JFC, is there a mandatory course in women beating for MSU athletes?

Comment

Working...
                                X