B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Only in 2019 when Carsen Edwards’ Purdue team nearly defeated the eventual champs, Virginia. Honestly should have won that game to advance to the Final 4, but classic choke.

This one vs FDU stings, but doesn’t hurt because I’m used to it. It’s simply a reminder that guard and perimeter play >>> having a monster at center. FDU swarmed and triple teamed every time Edey tried to do something. Purdue’s perimeter players were afraid to shoot the ball.

Sucks, but good for FDU. Matt Painter is the current king of postseason chokes in sports for whatever reason.
    Purdue showed their colors vs PSU - for all to see.
    Up 17, and their guards nutted up.
    Wasn't a matter of if, but when they would go home.
    Wasn't surprised it was in the first game - bring a pair of Frosh G's to the dance who struggle to deal with adversity? You are living on borrowed time.

Comment

• Purdue struggled against a press last year against St. Peters, they might have struggled worse tonight. Presses should not be that effective in 2023.

Comment

• Tennessee is smothering Dooooook. Not looking good for the Blue Devils and my fucking bracket. I picked Duke to win it all. Ha!
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It’s fine. I picked Purdue to win it all. Anytime Duke loses… it’s a good thing.
          Time to root against the college basketball blue bloods and/or favorites. Chaos!

Penn State and Funk might be my adopted team. Go Big Ten!!!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Houston is good, but I'm not sure that beating Auburn tonight proves much more than they are better than Auburn.

That was a very typical Auburn game. They get hot and tear it up for about 10 minutes or so and then go cold as ice. They are ridiculously streaky, but their dry spells can go on for the better part of a half. Against bad teams, they overcome the cold streak and hold on and win. Against good teams, they can't make the plays down the stretch. And they are not a good free throw shooting team.
            Houston shut off the drives in the paint and still was able to contest the three point line in the second half and Auburn didn't have the horses to overcome the change in intensity.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I thought Auburn had that game based on the 1st half. Completely different story in the 2nd half. Couldn’t make a FG for too long and the FT efficiency difference of the two teams. Side note… It’s really hard to watch college basketball when there’s 40+ fouls in a game. Noticed it a few times… the non-stop stoppages is grossly boring.

No other choice but to adopt MSU and IU. Can’t have zero Big Ten teams make the Sweet 16… Come on, Big Ten. I need a sports winner in my life for a rare instance.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'll root for just IU then

Comment

• I have Houston over Bammer in the final but the way this tournament is going...who the fuck knows...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We beat Houston earlier this year in Houston. We won’t be so lucky in a rematch, but we’re not getting past the Aztecs, so it’s moot (or mute, as you would say).

now stfu.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If ye silence me ye negate me.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        I thought Auburn had that game based on the 1st half. Completely different story in the 2nd half. Couldn’t make a FG for too long and the FT efficiency difference of the two teams. Side note… It’s really hard to watch college basketball when there’s 40+ fouls in a game. Noticed it a few times… the non-stop stoppages is grossly boring.

No other choice but to adopt MSU and IU. Can’t have zero Big Ten teams make the Sweet 16… Come on, Big Ten. I need a sports winner in my life for a rare instance.
                        I watched a lot of Auburn basketball this year. This was their MO

Tennessee was lucky that the refs swallowed their whistles the entire game yesterday. They were able to beat the shit out of Duke with impunity. Of course, within the confines of how the game was called, they had a perfect game plan and played a great game.

I really miss the days when basketball was more of a finesse sport. Tucking the ball under your arm like a running back and running through contact on the way to the hoop is not my idea of basketball. I understand that that is how the game is called today, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          If ye silence me ye negate me.
                          You got that wrong, numbnuts ... Its .."if ye silence me, ye castrate me" ...

geez .. do I have to fix everything for you?
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CG,

Maryland would set a screen and move and lean into the defender. It was egregious. If I were a BigTen guy and had to play them 2-3 times a year it would drive me crazy.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              CG,

Maryland would set a screen and move and lean into the defender. It was egregious. If I were a BigTen guy and had to play them 2-3 times a year it would drive me crazy.
                              There is a lot of that going on in basketball it seems. Players are coming up and setting the ball screen up against the defender (that used to be illegal, btw) and then moving as the dribbler moves past. I think it should be a foul, but they are letting the players do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

You got that wrong, numbnuts ... Its .."if ye silence me, ye castrate me" ...

geez .. do I have to fix everything for you?
                                STFU

fixed
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X