Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. The holds (LSU grabbed from behind and held on for dear life) were funny. Welcome to the SEC. We do not officiate well. Just have to play through it.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Tuanos:
      Attached Files
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not in any way challenging your statement there, but can anyone name any sport that's widely seen as officiated well?

Comment

• No, but there are degrees of incompetence. I actually do not believe that the SEC had the worst refs. I think the Pac-12 is worse.

Comment

• best thing for the SEC would be Georgia beating bama almost guaranteeing 2 out of the 4

Comment

• Correct. That would fuck the B1G. Clemson and The Lamers are locks.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. Not to mention the steaming pile of shit the targeting call that was changed by some lawyer in the PAC-12 replay center was.

Terrible.

I don't have a lot of complaints about BT refs. They've seemed to improve over the season. There's a definite decline in offensive holding calls - I'd like to see some stats to support that but it seems that way. M has not suffered any game changing bad calls and has seemingly played through the bad PI or rare holding calls that may not have been game changing but were nonetheless questionable. M's opponents do a lot of holding v. M's pressure D up front and seemingly get away with it but that seems to me to be all a part of just not calling a lot of holding calls this season.

I think PIs are tough calls and for the most part, the BT refs have been pretty consistent with them of late - not so much when the season started - better now. M gets away with a lot of handsy stuff. Good coaching I'd say.

While I think the targeting rules need to be refined, when that call is made, enforcement or reversals seem to be consistent and especially in the last 3 or so games. Also a very tough call to make at full speed and because of the way the rules are written, when the play is reviewed slo-mo, fairness is easy to compromise. You can find for or against targeting and probably found to be right > 60% of the time. The hit on DPJ in the PSU game, initially called as targeting on the field, was reversed, and correctly, IMO, but man that one could have gone either way and probably judged as the correct call based on a reading of the confusing targeting rules.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• As a college football official I will admit the targeting call is the most inconsistent call in CFB today. I understand when the crew misses it on the field at full speed but when the review booth misses it it's ridiculous.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see how M DBs do in the NFL. They really do play with their hands, which the B10 is fine with (and I'm fine with). But the NFL isn't. I wonder if there's a transition. Jourdan Lewis was really good in college, but he wasn't super athletic by NFL standards and he can't hand check to make up for it. And he ain't playing for Dallas at the moment.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "Not in any way challenging your statement there, but can anyone name any sport that's widely seen as officiated well?"

Lacrosse (but you wouldn't know that because you don't know jack shit about lacrosse)

Comment

• I wrote a textbook on lacrosse. I am the foremost International authority on the subject.

Comment

• I've seen some bad lacrosse referees.

Comment

• Oh. I thought we were talking about Buicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                I wrote a textbook on lacrosse. I am the foremost International authority on the subject.
                                Suddenly AA's idiocy makes perfect sense now.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X