Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan 57
    Georgia State 10

GO VOLZ

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• SEC scheduling is preposterous in almost every regard. But, they ain't gonna fix it because a 9th conference game will noticeably damages their shot to get 2 or 3 teams in the CFP. As it is, they're still on schedule to get 3.

I thought Alabama's defense looked shaky, too. I mean, it wasn't catastrophic, but I've seen enough shaky defensive play that I recognize harbingers. This is not a murder in cleats defense.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I certainly believe this is the primary motivation amongst each individual school. I also believe the conference folks have no real interest in forcing it upon its members for CFP reasons.

The 9-game schedule is a relatively new thing that's come about with expansion and come about in the CFP Era (mostly). B10 schools certainly didn't like losing a home game every other year, but Delaney sort of forced the issue and most schools, I think, didn't want to see old B10 teams every 10 years. So they begrudgingly went along.

Comment

• There was more flexibility for Big10 schools because A) No permanent non-conference rivals other than Iowa/Iowa State (and there's periodic talk of that being stopped) and B) Other than Purdue/Indiana, no one was demanding a cross-divisional rivalry be preserved.

OSU has played 7 home games every year since the switch to a 9-game schedule. I'm sure some of the lower-end school would have to put with only 6 once in a while. Programs that insist they need 8 home games annually to survive are gonna make me just roll my eyes.

Right now it looks like Georgia plays their ACC foe on the road in years that Florida/Carolina play theirs at home. Get all three on the same page and then give the East 5 conference road games in the years they play ACC at home. Don't know if the SEC would want to do the Big10 and try to pit "peers" against each other instead of playing Vandy as often as you play Georgia.

Comment

• Right. There are modest logistic difficulties for the SEC, but not insurmountable. The B10 preserved 1 cross-division rivalry. My guess is the SEC would need to do 3 (UAT-UTK and Georgia-Auburn for sure, and probably LSU-Florida). Florida, Georgia and South Carolina have end of year games that would need to be factored in (again, that's 3 games to 1 for the B10 -- Iowa).

But, if they wanted to do it, they would. The schools have no desire to do so for the reason AA stated and the league has no reason to do so for the reason I stated. And you get nothing.

Comment

Comment

• Rankings and This Week in the SEC:

1. Alabama (3-0): W, 47-23 at South Carolina. The offense is elite. Amassed nearly 600 yards. Pulled Tua and the starters toward the end of the 3rd. The defense, however, did not look sharp. Poor tackling and some stupid penalties accounted for about 200 yards of Gamecock offense. Muschamp made some very stupid decisions or we only win this game by 10.

2. Georgia (3-0): W, 55-0 vs Arkansas State.

3. LSU (3-0): W, 65-14 vs Northwestern State.

4. Auburn (3-0): W, 55-16 vs Kent State.

5. Florida (3-0): W, 29-21 at Kentucky. Honestly, Kentucky completely imploded or the Gators would have lost this. It was 21-10 Kentucky until about 12 minutes left to play in the 4th.

6. Texas A&M (2-1): W, 62-3 vs Lamar.

7. Mizzou (2-1): W, 50-0 vs SE Missouri State.

8. South Carolina (1-2): L, 23-47 vs Bama.

9. Kentucky (2-1): L, 21-29 vs Florida.

10. MissState (2-1): L, 24-31 vs Kansas State. I predicted this last week. MSU just doesn't look good. Defense looks lost and no playmakers on offense.

11. Arkansas (2-1): W, 55-34 vs Colorado State. The game was actually tied entering the 4th, but the Hogs behind Starkel imposed their will. CSU is a bad team, but this is a nice step for Arkansas.

12. Ole Miss (2-1): W, 40-29 vs SE Lousiana. It was 34-29 five minutes into the 4th. Ole Miss kicked two field goals, one with 30 seconds left in the game to make this win against a bad FCS team look better. Ole Miss is not good.

13. Vanderbilt (0-2): Mercifully off.

14. Tennessee (1-2): W, 45-0 Tenneessee-Chattanooga. I won't take them outta the cellar for beat a bad FCS team.

Next Week's Games of Note:

Auburn at Texas A&M
                        Georgia vs Notre Dame
                        Ole Miss vs Cal
                        Kentucky at Miss State
                        South Carolina at Missouri
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jimcro is gonna whup Baby Nix.

Comment

• From your mouth to God's ear. The problem is Auburn's front 7. They are hella good.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Lost an all everything defensive in LaBryan Ray for the season yesterday.

Just fuck.

Comment

• Joe Burrow is having himself a day. LSU may finally be a problem for The Nick this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X