Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will be starting FIVE true freshmen on defense. We are gonna have problems with more than just LSU.

think about that. Five. More than Saban has ever started. Ever. Essentially, half our defense is a HS all-star team.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• South Carolina loses bad to Missouri. 1-3 to start the year and they still have to play Florida, Georgia, and Clemson. And play on the road at Kyle Field. I would say Muschamp's going to be on the hot seat

Comment

• Arkansas 7, San Jose State 24

There's an entire half to play but...wow.

Comment

• The bottom half of the SEC is trash. Which makes 3 SEC teams with 1 or fewer losses a real possibility. And that makes 3 SEC teams in the CFP a real possibility.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It will never, ever happen. Ever. I will give you 10:1 odds. Hell, despite people pushing hard (like Herbstreit, for example) for Georgia to be a second SEC team in last year, the committee left them out. Three teams is inconceivable. The only way it's possible is if there are people on the committee trying to tank the CFP out of existence.

It will be:

UGA/LSU
            OU
            Ohio State/Wiscy
            Clemson.

book it.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I cant believe I want ND to win this game, fuck the SEC!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    I cant believe I want ND to win this game, fuck the SEC!
                    I was wanting ND to win, too.

Comment

• I think there will be at least 2 and maybe 3. Looking at the schedules, the only thing that's standing between 3 1-loss (or better) SEC teams is Auburn. And, again, no 1-loss (or better) SEC has been left out of the CFP.

Now, if Oklahoma and Ohio State/Wisky go undefeated then it's moot. But, if the B10 and B12 champs each have 1 loss and 3 SEC teams have 1 loss, well, it's happening..

Comment

• San Jose State's victory over Arkansas was the program's first win over an SEC team ever and their first victory over a P5 opponent since 2006 when they beat Walt Harris' woeful Stanford team

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I think there will be at least 2 and maybe 3. Looking at the schedules, the only thing that's standing between 3 1-loss (or better) SEC teams is Auburn. And, again, no 1-loss (or better) SEC has been left out of the CFP.

Now, if Oklahoma and Ohio State/Wisky go undefeated then it's moot. But, if the B10 and B12 champs each have 1 loss and 3 SEC teams have 1 loss, well, it's happening..
                          So, I am assuming you are thinking Georgia in the East. I also assume you are thinking Bama and LSU from the West?

In the history of the CFP, they have never selected a CCG loser to make the playoff. They won't break that precedence ESPECIALLY to put a third team from one conference in.. I truly believe they look at the CCGs as an ersatz opening round.

18/20 selectees have been CCG winners, so a team that didn't make the CCG might get in (like Alabama and Ohio State) but even that is rare and both selections were met with controversy. But can you imagine that they take the CCG winner, break from precedence and take the CCG loser, along with a team that didn't make their CCG to give a conference 3/4 spots?

Comment

• Again, no 1-loss or better SEC team has been left out. IMO, that won't happen IF they're being compared to other 1-loss teams.

Alabama would have made the CFP last year if they lost to Georgia (IMO).

I mean, I get what you're saying but we really part ways, apparently, on the CFP's lovefest for the SEC.

They're absolutely getting 2 in. If the loser of the LSU-UAT game finishes 11-1, then they're in. We've seen that before. Then the question is if it's 12-0 LSU/UAT vs 12-0 UGa, how can the loser possibly be out?

If Ohio State and Wisconsin win all their games and split with each other, then it's 12-1 B10 vs. 11-1 and 12-1 SEC. I've seen that fucking story. I know how it ends.

Comment

• 18/20 selectees have been CCG winners

Comment

• Yes, I was incorrect: Alabama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
                                X