Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Weak Forrest is pretty bad, too. Might be closer than the line. I won’t bet it either way.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You can actually get a free Campbell face mask with a $25 donation. That logo is so kitschy and unique that I'm tempted to do it.

Comment

• The downside being that I'll probably get phone calls from the Campbell Boosters Club for the next decade or more

Comment

• Just buy it and put Talent’s name and email.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's a great idea. Talent, enjoy your free membership in the Fightin' Camels Boosters Club.

Bless their hearts they are a spirited bunch, but Wake may cover the over all by themselves.

Comment

• You people are idiots.

Speaking of idiots -- AA! I was playing my dumbass Canadian uncle in chess (he's getting better, though). Anywho, toward transition to endgame that more or less boring and even, I essentially traded my Knight for 3 pawns (it turned out to be 4 after a slight misplay). I told him my pawn structure (no islands) and +3 or 4 advantage was easily a win for me. It might take 60 moves, but the game was over. He then proceeded to trade off his Qs and Rs insisting that his "major piece" would enough to overcome my pawn advantage. He's gonna be down to his King and Knight in a move. I may try to promote all 5 of my remaining pawns for the fuck of it.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Promoting everything is definitely a ‘teach a lesson’ alpha move. Just be careful. I’ve ‘taught a lesson’ that turned into a careless stalemate once. Quite embarrassing.

Comment

• The only problem is we play with essentially no time limits -- correspondence games almost. And when the game reaches the point of no return his moves drop down to about 1.5 per day. I'd rather just end it ASAP and move on to another one. I've duly sassed him.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Chess smack on a Football Saturday is a serious crime here.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The only problem is we play with essentially no time limits -- correspondence games almost. And when the game reaches the point of no return his moves drop down to about 1.5 per day. I'd rather just end it ASAP and move on to another one. I've duly sassed him.
                      Yeah, it becomes a slog. Play two games at once with a rule of no mirroring.

Comment

• Kyle Pitts is indeed a beast.
                        Know they list him as a TE, but I'm interested to see if he can play WR in the NFL... particularly if Pitts has great combine numbers.
                        Same body size as Calvin Johnson.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I see that DJ Durkin hasn’t figured out how to stop the run since his days at Michigan LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            1. Florida covers
                            2. Missouri covers.
                            3. Take TAMU and the points.
                            4. Take Ole Miss and the points.
                            5. MissState covers.
                            6. Take Auburn and the points.
                            7. LSU covers.
                            Horrible weekend. 2-5.

7-7 on the year.

Notes:

1. The Florida D has some issues.

2. Tennessee is playing well. They will give UGA trouble next week.

3. TAMU had 450 yards of offense in Bama. A pick six and an INT in the endzone gave us the cover. I’ll take it.

4. Lane is just a great playcaller. Ole Miss gave Florida’s and Kentucky’s defense fits.

5. I thought Arkansas playing UGA hard for three quarters was a fluke. They’ll get more ‘surprise’ wins than this.

6. God, I hate Kirby. This was the one game I wanted to see Auburn win. Meh.

7. LSU wore Vandy down.

Comment

• 2020 is going to turn me into a SEC fan if the B10 doesn't come through this year.
                              Granted, I moved to a SEC state a few years ago ... so geography has helped nudge me into paying attention to the SEC.

Few thoughts:
                              - South Carolina. Will Muschamp's seat is red hot. Carolina fans are pissed off at him for yesterdays horrible clock management and another disappointing start. I don't know if many teams will fire their head coach this year given the unique circumstance, but Muschamp will need to show something positive (starting Ryan Hilinski?) to stick around IMO. It could be an overreaction too because they have lost to two decent/ good teams (Tennessee, Florida).

- Georgia. I still question Georgia's championship potential with Stenson Bennett leading their offense. Bennett, who played well yesterday, seems like a poor man's Jake Fromm. He is smart enough to lead the offense, but isn't athletically gifted at all.
                              Georgia does seem to have an elite defense. They might have to go through the route of those early 2010s Bama teams that had a questionable QBs/elite defense to compete in the Playoff.
                              Florida vs Georgia will be fun because it will be strength vs strength (Florida offense vs Georgia defense) and weakness vs weakness (Florida defense vs Georgia offense).

- Alabama. Yet again, clearly the best team in the SEC after what they did to A&M. I don't know as much about Bama as others here, but it seems like their defense is competent.... which, is spooky considering the Bama offense.

- College Football Playoff. Prediction: With what has happened to the Big 12, TWO SEC teams will make it in the Playoff. Alabama and .... ????
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Based on the first few games in the SEC I think it boils down to Florida v Georgia to decide Bama's opponent in the SEC CCG. No surprise there.

TAMU is over-rated. Again. They were never a serious threat to Bama. Jimbo is the Harbaugh of the SEC, .. good, but not good enough.

I was surprised that Old Miss played so well in Lexington. I thought the Wildcats would win that by a TD or more.

Auburn made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes, but Georgia's defense was unrelenting. The Dawgs constantly sent 6-7 guys after Auburn's QB, and he never made them pay for it. Auburn has talent, but Georgia has more.

LSU is rebuilding. Lots of talent there, but they need experience. They're no threat to Bama this year in the West, but maybe in a couple years.

I thought MSU's Air Raid would throttle Arkansas, but silly me. Maybe the Razor's have a decent team this year.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X