Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six-in-a-row now vs Georgia. Last 3 of those with Kirby as HC.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Which 3 SEC teams will make the CFP along with Clemson? Alabama, Georgia and Florida?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Florida has to start playing again before that can happen.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They’re SEC. It doesn’t matter.

Comment

• Wonder if a two loss Georgia team can sneak into the Playoff. Two losses to Bama of course.
            OR if the committee would pick an undefeated PAC12 team that has only played like 6 games. No idea how many games the PAC12 will get in before the Playoff Selection Show....

I see it being:
            1. Clemson
            2. Alabama
            3. Ohio State
            4. Georgia

Clemson will solidify #1 after they predictably beat ND. Don’t get me hyped about Clemson vs ND (or any ACC opponent) again.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Which 3 SEC teams will make the CFP along with Clemson? Alabama, Georgia and Florida?
              I would rather have Osama bin Laden Tech in it than Georgia.

Anyway...

There has been exactly zero playoff games with three SEC teams. We have only had one CFP with two SEC teams, and the rest have been just Alabama except for just LSU last year. I think we’re safe from three this year. Certainly no precedence for it.

The real question is will the BigTen’s three-game playoff losing streak stop this year? The Big Ten has lost those last 3 games by an average score of 32-8. I mean it’s not BigXII futility because of 2014, but it’s not far off. That said, I think the Bucknuts have a good chance to stop that streak this year.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, Ohio State was indeed outclassed last year as you imply. I rather doubt they’re any closer to Clemson or Alabama. If the CFP miraculously takes a B10 champion and it’s Ohio State, then they’ll 31-7 (32-8 is too wonky).

Comment

• Clemson, Bama, Ohio State seems obvious.

-If Georgia nips Alabama in the SECCG, and both just have one loss, I think the loser has a good shot for the 4th slot.

-If Notre Dame plays Clemson close, and that’s their only loss, I think they are a shoe-in.

-I think Oregon has a shot since the BigXII is kinda snake bit.

-I think Cinci is a very good team. Would love them to snatch the “first G5 team to make the playoff” ribbon -especially considering how UCF is so butthurt over it.

Comment

• No re UC. I’m not sure how much has changed since 2019. I think Ohio State is still 42 points better and, ergo, other serious CFP contenders are probably 50 points better.

Comment

• Okie State maybe? Hard to see them in it, though. Multiple loss Oklahoma and multiple loss Texas coupled with BigXII playoff failures hurt their chances. Besides, I don’t see them winning out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        No re UC. I’m not sure how much has changed since 2019. I think Ohio State is still 42 points better and, ergo, other serious CFP contenders are probably 50 points better.
                        The Cinci thing is more rooted in my dislike for UFC. A thumb in the Golden Knights eye is worthwhile.

Comment

• Well, it’s certainly not rooted in rationality.

Comment

• If we have to start being rational on this forum, it will be lonelier than Wiz at a Father-Son event at the Ogallala Elks Lodge.

Comment

• With yesterday’s win, Saban ties Joe Paterno for most wins vs AP ranked teams (86).

Saban already has the sole record for most wins vs AP top 5 teams (25) and most wins vs AP top 10 teams (42).

Comment

• AP top 25.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X