Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus Malzahn is looking more and more to me like the CFB version of John Beilein.

Comment

• Also -- I'd be surprised if Kiffin gets hired again. I wouldn't hire hiim. He is a known commodity. I'm sort of surprised by the Alabama -USC game but Helton reminds me a lot of Brady Hoke. He'll last maybe two or three years, tops.

The real interesting question is who wins the Tom Herman Sweepstakes? Thank God it won't be OSU. Holy shit that guy is a genius. Somebody give Tom Herman a huge payday so he will never go to OSU. Yes that is fine.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 4, 2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Urbz isn't that old, and has a lot of years left at OSU if he chooses to remain there. I can't see him leaving. So Herman will likely be nabbed by another major program before the OSU job becomes available.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It makes sense to me that Kiffin would be looking to go west, too, but I think Arizona State's going to be just good enough to save Todd Graham's job. He had ten win seasons in 2013 and 2014, so I don’t think he's on all that hot a seat. If he goes 6-7 again, or worse, then Arizona State may well be looking, and Kiffin would get consideration.

The job out west I thought of for Kiffin was Cal-- Sonny Dykes has been trying to get out of there almost since he got there, so I'm thinking that job will be open no matter how well Cal's season goes. There might be too much residual animosity toward Kiffin in the Bay area for Cal's AD to sell that hire, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            The real interesting question is who wins the Tom Herman Sweepstakes? Thank God it won't be OSU. Holy shit that guy is a genius. Somebody give Tom Herman a huge payday so he will never go to OSU.
            I'd be lying to you if I told you Buckeye fans haven't thought about this. Herman is going to be high in demand by some big name schools.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me if USC went after Herman this year. Last night's debacle couldn't have gone over well with the Trojan faithful, and Lynn Swann didn't hire Clay Helton. He may be looking for an opportunity to re-make that program. Of course, USC seems incapable of hiring anyone without previous ties to USC, but you'd think they'd make an exception one of these days.

Comment

• USC/UCLA both like their chances with Hermann.

Comment

• Is it a foregone conclusion that Herman bolts even if Houston goes Big 12?
                  Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Depends which jobs open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                      Is it a foregone conclusion that Herman bolts even if Houston goes Big 12?
                      I guess not, but like every other coach in this situation, money will eventually talk. If Miles gets forced out after this year then I could see LSU offering Herman a huge raise over what Houston already gave him.

Comment

• If Houston gets in the BIG, Herman becomes that much more difficult to pry loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Nahh. Houston still is what it is. My guess is that A&M, Texas, or LSU could easily pry him away if they are so inclined.

Comment

• Kiffin will go to Oregon State.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Her,an gets $5mil if Houston goes to the BigXII.

He has no business at LSU. At all.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No 3rd year for Gary Anderson at Oregon State?
                                From what I've read, he will at least get a 3rd year unless they just "Kansas this season."
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X