Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down goes #1, 41-38. I'll have to watch the replay of this one tomorrow to see how exactly this happened, but even with a loss to an unranked team, I don't see Alabama dropping much below #8 or so.

Comment

• Jimbo has established A and M as a the new power in college football.

Comment

• Still early in the season. Early losses are easily forgivable.

Alabama will be in the thick of the conversation when it comes time to pick the playoff participants.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And it's only cost them $100 million or so.

Comment

• Seems like AlabamAlum was correct in his concerns about UAT. Unlike some of our M faithful who still insist HARBAUGH!!!! isn't a legimtimate national title contender.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Perhaps.
              Guess I was wrong thinking that Alabama (and Georgia) would steamroll through the SEC until the championship game. The Georgia part is correct.
              There’s still a long road to the Playoff. It doesn’t knock off Bama from being a title contender, but shows they are beatable if the opposing team plays their “A” game.
              Jameson Williams is a stud BTW.

For M, there’s no question this is the best case scenario start so far. They have exceeded everyone’s expectations.
              Definitely some luck involved because if Martinez didn’t fumble or the refs blew that play dead, maybe M is 5-1 right now.

How bout Kentucky? SEC dark horse!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oh by the way… I will be sad if LSU fires Coach O. Sounds like it’s a real possibility.

Highly entertaining guy for college football. He assembled possibly the best college football team in recent memory in 2019 LSU. Comparable to Gene Chizik, looks like it’s a one year wonder situation.

Hope LSU keeps Coach O… Please give him one more shot.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Georgia plays about as easy an SEC schedule as you can. And speaking of Kentucky, they go to Athens next week.

UAT should finish 11-1. They don't have much left on their schedule, but the trip to Starkvegas this week could be a challenge. UAT's defense is a little questionable; they lost a key DB to targeting and, honestly, the aTm QB made some throws he hasn't come close to making all season. Again, aTm's offense has been shit on a stick all year.

HARBAUGH!!!!! has the best team in the B10. They can kill you with power running. They can kill you with the deep ball. They make almost zero mistakes -- virtually no sacks or turnovers all year! And defensively, they're a jackhammer. You can't run on them and they have the best edge rushers in the country, so if you want to test their debatably not quite as good secondary -- good luck -- you'll have about 1.5 seconds at most.

They're going to obliterate NWC and Sparty. IF Clifford is healthy, that'll be a great game. If he is not, it'll be a destruction. And they are going to exact huge amounts of revenge on CRD. After shrewdly quitting The Game last year to save his job and rob Ohio State of home game and a monumental asskicking, HARBAUGH!!!! is about ready to annhilate OSU. It pisses me off to no end.

Comment

• "They can kill you with the deep ball" legit laugh out loud

Comment

• Talent,

I will bet you any amount you care to wager that we do not finish 11-1. I’ll even give you 5-to-3 odds. Name the wager.

Our remaining slate:

(1) At Mississippi State. The Bulldogs were off this week, they play us at their home, while we are injured, beaten, and got back to Tuscaloosa at 0400.

(2) Tennessee. The Vols have found a QB and are starting to gel under Josh Heupel. Their last two games: Won @Mizzou by 38 and beat South Carolina yesterday by 25.

(3) LSU. Not a good team but they fight. Players will be invested in trying to save O.

(4) New Mexico State. Bad team. Easy win.

(5) Arkansas. They are a better version of Texas A&M, really. Yes, they were rocked by Georgia and lost a heartbreaker to Lane and Ole Miss, but they will follow the Jimbo gameplan to the letter.

(6) @Auburn. They played Georgia tough for three quarters and honestly were very close to beating Penn State at night in Happy Valley. A very solid team.

This Bama team is rudderless. The defense is the worst I’ve seen since Shula. Bryce is the worst deep-ball QB we’ve had since Tyler Watts, and he either can’t pick up the blitz for the hot read or he isn’t being coached to. The only redeeming playmakers on offense have been BRob, Jameson, and Latu (a young TE).
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 10, 2021, 10:01 AM.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Georgia plays about as easy an SEC schedule as you can. And speaking of Kentucky, they go to Athens next week.
                        If Kentucky beats Georgia next week, this goes down as the best college football season since ... 2007? The year when Boston College and USF were top 2 teams for a moment.

That said...highly doubt Kentucky wins. I would feel pretty confident with a safe Georgia moneyline bet.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• UGA is the best team in the country. Period.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Georgia will beat Kentucky. The Georgia defense is the best this side of the NFL. It reminds me a lot of the Alabama defense in 2011.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

Given outside potential for Covid cancellation, I'll take the following: UAT finishes its regular season schedule with 1 loss at +150 -- I'll cut you a small break on the odds. We'll get it small and simple: My 50 up against your 75.

Comment

• Both of youse STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X