Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Alabama wins M is playing Georgia.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Give Bryce Young the Heisman trophy already.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It’s his.

Comment

• Georgia's defense is being shredded by The Nick.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not looking good.

Funny how Kirby Smart’s Georgia program has been held back by mediocracy and crap at QB. The one position he can’t get right.

Oh well. I guess to be the best, you have to beat the best.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Just when you thought it was safe to say Alabama is 'no good' ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 41-24
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Alabama is a different team this season than the two years that they were just unbeatable. The depth at the skill positions on this team is still strong. The miss some defensive stadnouts but the OL makes up for that protecting Young and then with Young throwing lawn darts to whoever gets open.

If Alabama wins M is playing Georgia.
                  Is McNamara = Bryce Young? Nope. I think M will very different against UGA than Alabama did. UGA did not look good v. the Tide. I expect UGA to look better v. M if that match-up occurs.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                    41-24
                    I've come to abandon the notion that even with a drubbing by Alabama UGA would make the CFP. It will probably look like this:

Alabama
                    Michigan
                    UGA
                    Cinci

I could see swapping UGA with Cinci but whoever M faces in the CFP, they're not likely to be favored.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well, they’re a lot like 2019. They’re nothing close to 2020.

Comment

• M would be favored by 5-7 again UC and a 5-7 point underdog against UGA. That’s why Georgia will be 3.

Comment

• AA had a good day today, wherever he is. Bama beats Georgia for the SEC title, and the Bama basketball team beat Gonzaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            M would be favored by 5-7 again UC and a 5-7 point underdog against UGA. That’s why Georgia will be 3.
                            I would have made us more than a 7 point fave against UC and more than a 7 point dog against UGA.

Comment

• Could be. But, regardless, that's why Georgia should and will be ranked ahead of UC.

Comment

• This morning a damp wind rushed in through my partially opened bedroom window and ruffled the crumpled cotton sheets. The early morning sun struggled to break through ominous gray clouds in a weak attempt to top the dark hills that roughly frame my land. The neighbors’ dogs yelped and howled at the distant claps of thunder over the cacophonous soundtrack of an old riding lawnmower. The squeaky hinge of a storm-loosened shutter screamed for oil. This harsh and obnoxious clatter finally forced an unwilling Morpheus to relinquish his control of my dream-like, semiconscious state.

I am now awake, but I certainly don’t want to be.

Against my will - and much like a junkie driven by an irrepressible jones - the smell of freshly brewed coffee pulls me from my bed and I lumber to the kitchen to pour myself a cup of hot comfort. Groggily, I drink, rub my aching brow, and yawn. Time is in limbo. With the kitchen window closed the sounds that so rudely pulled me from my deep slumber are now inaudible. It is quiet - almost reverent. All is calm until the memory of yesterday wrestles my thoughts from me.

Did it really happen? Could it be true? I have to know for sure.

The cup is now empty but my dealer, Mr. Coffee, is beckoning me to return for another dose. Summoning my dubious willpower, I ignore its siren song and open my front door and proceed to trip through the cool morning dew of my yard to retrieve the chronicle of the previous day’s events: the Sunday morning paper.

Upon return, and with the second cup of coffee in hand, I quickly discard the unnecessary and wholly irrelevant front-page and classifieds. Sales papers and obituaries are cast asunder and festooned around my living room. With malice, the travel and business sections are quickly dispatched as I secure the object of my frantic search: The sports page. My mind is racing: Did I dream it? Was it a figment of my imagination? Was my drunken state responsible for conjuring some joyous memory of yore and superimposing it on my present-day reality? Did the University of Alabama really win the SEC championship? Was fitting tribute once again placed at the recently defiled Altar of Bryant?

The Truth is confirmed: Alabama did post a glorious and valiant victory in the battle with the evil reptilian marauders and their amoral leader. The taste of my coffee sweetens with the thought. I quickly read and re-read the article as if the box score would transmogrify in front of my sleepy eyes and betray my now contented mind. To my nervous relief the words hold true to their original message and the cosmic change on my surroundings is instantly palpable.

Like the promise of a rainbow after a storm, the day begins to take on a warm luster. The Earth is now a better, happier place. The foreboding heavens follow suit as the storm clouds hurriedly retreat from view and give way to a vibrant and intense sunlight that shines more vividly than anytime in recent memory. The visual rapture of that brightness overflows onto the surrounding hills and bathes the entire area with a divine brilliance that provides a shimmering, iridescent halo to all that it touches.

This breathtaking and spiritually reborn vista is joined in perfect accompaniment by the clean, sweet scent of my once dying - now thriving - magnolia trees. The recently blighted, brown-leafed trees now proudly flaunt healthy hues of rich forest green. Birds return to their nests and squirrels zigzag across the plush lawn. Children laugh and play and run and sing the happy songs of youth and innocence again. Like dominoes, one positive turn leads to another as happiness spreads from house to house; from neighborhood to neighborhood; from city to city; and, ultimately, the entire Earth returns to its correct axis and orbit.

I am now comforted and my psyche healed. I am whole. And like the Israelites, after wandering in the wilderness for years, I will take this miraculous manna from heaven and nourish myself until completely sated. The villainous usurper is banished and contentment and joy - rapturous joy - are scepter and orb symbols of the returned and rightful King.

Above, heaven and gods blush with obvious envy at their worldly superiors. Truly, this game was the salve and nectar that my battered soul craved.

Comment

Working...
                                X