Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to ask -- how horrifically bad is the ACC?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The #2 team in the ACC might be the #7 team in the B1G or SEC.

Comment

• Yeah. They are Clemson and nobody. Mack may have the Tarheels as the second best team.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You can go from the bottom to #2 so easily in ACC or PAC 12.

Comment

• Yep.

Currently ranked opponents left on the regular season schedule:

Ohio State 5

Georgia 4

LSU 4

Notre Dame 4

Alabama 3

Utah 3

Oklahoma 1

Clemson 0

ACC = woof
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No one will write about how terrible Clemson's schedule is. But, if they lose a game they should be out. Period. But, the "eye test."

Ohio State probably has at least 6 games left that are harder than anything left on Clemson's schedule. I would not count Maryland at home as one of those 6, but at Lincoln and at fucking Evanston on a Friday (WTF?) are pain in the ass games.

The fact that no SEC team has more than 4 is really a commentary on how bad the bottom half of that league is (and, FWIW, I don't think Auburn is a top 10 team). LSU only gets to 4 because of their protected crossover. Georgia only gets there because of Notre Dame.

Oklahoma? Jalen Hurts is going to put up numbers in the B12. Everyone will blow him. He will win the Heisman on numbers and "story." And he'll look like dogshit in the CFP when they finally play a decent defense.

The big question right now, with the way the SEC has disintegrated at the bottom, is can they get 3? There's no doubt they're getting 2. But, if LSU only loses to Alabama, and Alabama and Georgia are undefeated in Atlanta, then it will be Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and LSU. 100%. And that SHOULD be the end of the CFP.

Comment

• Auburn has 5. They were not included because the writer (Peter Burns) apparently looks at them as an also ran, too. He noted them in a follow up tweet.

The bottom 6 of the SEC is as bad as its been since the late 1990s.

We have 3 legit teams (Bama, LSU, and Georgia) with the next 2 in a near, but not quite there, orbit (Auburn and Florida).

TAMU, Mizzou, and Miss State are decent, but not CFP convo good.

Then SoCar and Kentucky which are just hoping for a decent bowl and maybe to upset a good team.

Tenn, Candy, Ole Miss, and Arkie are hot garbage.

Comment

• I think Auburn and Florida are overvalued and aTm is undervalued. I'd group those 3 together.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And to address your comment above, Talent, I think the SEC gets 1.

Really, I think it will be OU and Clemson and either OSU/Wisky/M from the BigTen and either Geogia/Bama/LSU from the SEC with the PAC-12 left out.

Comment

• Also, after the Duke win, Coach Saban passed Hayden Fry in career wins.

He now sits tied with Bo Schembechler. He needs 5 wins to pass Woody Hayes.

Next year he should pass Lou Holtz and Tom Osborne.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Also, after the Duke win, Coach Saban passed Hayden Fry in career wins.

He now sits tied with Bo Schembechler. He needs 5 wins to pass Woody Hayes.

Next year he should pass Lou Holtz and Tom Osborne.
                          Osborne is 2-0 against The Nick. 50-10 and 55-14.

So suck it Bammer.

Yes...I said Bammer.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That works for me.

About all we have left is to be belligerent.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• EFZ
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X