Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, Fuck Georgia.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It now looks like its going to be OSU, LSU, (first or 2nd doesn't matter) Clemson and Oklahoma.

LSU and OSU are going to play for the NC.

I think out of the other three, LSU is probably the only one that can match the physicality of OSU. If its a slugfest, its going to be hard to pick a winner. Should be a darn good ballgame.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't think it matters that much.

Clemson hasn't faced anyone like OSU since January. I think OSU would handle them about the same way they handled Wisconsin.

LSU and OSU is the main attraction. The other two are the JV game.

Comment

• We do NOT have a good track record against Clemson

Comment

• Correct
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Espn has a 4-fucking hour selection show today. Jesus. Just release the pairings and be done with it.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'll tune in around 3:30. Such BS. Typical Disney.

......and while were on the subject, if I hear another stupid human interest story that cuts off a coin toss result, play, or anything involving the game, I will, I dunno, probably continue to suffer through it. Fox is only marginally better. It's gotten bad. Same thing for close ups of players and coaches where the director fails to get the pan-shot of the formations before the snap.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    We do NOT have a good track record against Clemson
                    Yeah, old Woody smacking that Clemson linebacker who intercepted the pass was not a good look.

But, that's yesterday's news. This is a new day.

Clemson has had the weakest schedule of all four potential seeds, assuming Oklahoma is in the mix. Yesterday's beatdown of Virginia was all for Dabo's ego, and to be sure the selection committee pays attention.

Let me give you some more knee-slapping material:

I think its highly likely that if you switched Michigan and Clemson, putting Michigan in the ACC, and Clemson in the Big Ten East, and let them play each other's schedules, that Michigan could have likely won the ACC, and Clemson would have had 2-3 losses. Clemson would not have beaten OSU, and they would have lost to at least one (1) of, Wisconsin or Penn State. Even Iowa would have given them a hard time.

Gnaw on that one a while ...

Comment

• M would have won the ACC, but Clemson is really good. Really good. They have NFL talent everywhere and a badass QB.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• But Clemson still isn't part of the game that everyone wants to see.

Unfortunately, I think the selection committee is going to make us watch LSU and OSU destroy Oklahoma and Clemson respectively, before we get there.

This is one year where the old BCS would have worked well. Nobody cares about Clemson and Oklahoma.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• This is exactly the reason why they need the playoff system. Clemson has a 27 game winning streak and is defending champion. It would have been ridiculous under the old system to leave them out. The ACC sucks but Clemson surely doesn't. They are a proven winner.

Comment

• SEC BOWLS
                              • Peach Bowl (Atlanta) - LSU vs. Oklahoma - Dec. 28 - 4 ET / 3 CT - ESPN
                              • Orange Bowl (Miami) - Florida vs. Virginia - Dec. 30 - 8 pm ET / 7 pm CT - ESPN
                              • Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) - Georgia vs. Baylor - Jan. 1 - 8:45 pm ET / 7:45 pm CT - ESPN
                              • Citrus Bowl (Orlando) - Alabama vs. Michigan - Jan. 1 - 1 pm ET / Noon CT - ABC
                              • Texas Bowl (Houston) - Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State - Dec. 27 - 6:45 pm ET / 5:45 pm CT - ESPN
                              • Music City Bowl (Nashville) - Mississippi State vs. Louisville - Dec. 30 - 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT - ESPN
                              • Belk Bowl (Charlotte) - Kentucky vs. Virginia Tech - Dec. 31 - Noon ET / 11 am CT - ESPN
                              • Outback Bowl (Tampa) - Auburn vs. Minnesota - Jan. 1 - 1 pm ET / Noon CT - ESPN
                              • Gator Bowl (Jacksonville) - Tennessee vs. Indiana - Jan. 2 - 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT - ESPN
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 8, 2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• A 16 team playoff, with the top 8 seeds getting home games (16 at 1, 15 at 2, etc) could be done in the same amount of time that the 4 game playoff is done now, if you eliminate CCG's.

Play 2 games on Friday night, then 2 at Noon on Saturday, 2 at 3:30, and 2 at 8:00 on that weekend.

The eight winners get re-seeded and move to neutral sites the following week. Those four winners get a break over the holidays and play as they are scheduled now.

The fans are going to follow their teams no matter where they play. But that's not where the real money is anyway. Its in the TV rights to those games, which should pique the NCAA's interest to no end.

It can be done, and it should be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X