Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, muffed snaps on spikes are rare. They focused on that and not that it was a backwards pass. What happened is what we call in hospitals “premature closure” - their minds were satisfied that they had the answer and other information was ignored as unnecessary. The whistle was blown and the play was dead before Arkansas recovered.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Back in the olden days when I was first trained as an official, the first thing they told us was to carry our whistles in our hand. That way you have a moment to stop yourself from making a mistake like an inadvertent whistle. I've noticed that most officials are now carrying their whistles in their mouths instead of their hand, so the way I was taught is apparently out the window.

That crew was expecting the QB to down the ball to kill the clock. That's what they thought they saw. That's what anticipating a call will do if you're not careful.

Anyway, there's no guarantee that Arky would have went on to win. But, Auburn got a big time break due to an officiating error.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Quick whistles and incompetence are standards with officiating in the SEC.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• ATS:

1. Kentucky
            2. South Carolina
            3. LSU
            4. Ole Miss
            5. Texas A&M
            6. Vanderbilt
            7. Georgia

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Once the whistle blows their hands are tied, right? You can’t assume Arkansas would have recovered the fumble. The screw-up was blowing the whistle before the play ended. Once that occurred, the review process is moot. I still don’t know what they were reviewing.
              Correct. Once the whistle blows its an inadvertent whistle...or as I call it...a perverted whistle...and the play is over at that point...and 9 times out of 10 in the case of an IW...one team gets screwed...and in this case...one got screwed ROYALLY. When I worked high school games...anyone who blew an IW bought dinner and beers for the crew that night...and on my college crew...well lets just say the league office handled that...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Quick whistles and incompetence are standards with officiating in the SEC.
                Correct.

In officiating a slow whistle is a good thing. Like in construction...measure twice...cut once...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Back in the olden days when I was first trained as an official, the first thing they told us was to carry our whistles in our hand. That way you have a moment to stop yourself from making a mistake like an inadvertent whistle. I've noticed that most officials are now carrying their whistles in their mouths instead of their hand, so the way I was taught is apparently out the window.

That crew was expecting the QB to down the ball to kill the clock. That's what they thought they saw. That's what anticipating a call will do if you're not careful.

Anyway, there's no guarantee that Arky would have went on to win. But, Auburn got a big time break due to an officiating error.
                  Never thought I would say this but liney is correct. I taught every official have your whistle ready at the snap but then keep it on your lanyard or in your hand. Bad things happen when you keep the whistle in your mouth. But as I recall...liney admitted to an IW once. I'm proud to say in all my years of officiating I never had an IW. Bad bad thing. Worst thing you can do in any sport.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• But as I recall...liney admitted to an IW once.
                    Yes I did. We had a FG attempt that was blocked, and one of the defensive players scooped up the ball and started heading toward the end zone, with nothing in front of him but green grass. I blew the play dead because I had my whistle in my mouth and for some STOOPID reason, I had "extra point" in my mind. My lack of focus and not knowing the situation AND the rule, cost that kid a runback TD. That's the lowest I've ever felt on a football field. I felt like hanging up my whistle right then and there. It sucks. Fortunately, my blown call didn't cost that team the game. They won something like 40-10, but that doesn't excuse my mistake. I still feel bad about it. I ordered a finger whistle from Honig's the following Monday, and that's what I used from then on.

Comment

• You are forgiven.

Wait. No you aren't.

dumbass
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My white hat didn't give me any sympathy either. The ride home that night was very quiet. I think about the only thing he said to me was, "you know better".

Comment

• Alabama, with one more commitment than the Buckeyes, has a razor thin edge at #1 in the 2021 class:

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Comment

• Alabama basketball will play Stanford in the Maui Invitational, which due to Covid, will be played in Asheville, NC (lol):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tid...amp/5837250002

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              My white hat didn't give me any sympathy either. The ride home that night was very quiet. I think about the only thing he said to me was, "you know better".
                              I would always tweak the offender with a little whistle on the drive home when the car got quiet. That was more hurtful than buying dinner and beers...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The SEC gets its first Covid postponement. Mizzou-Vandy this Saturday is the game. I suspect it’s the Mizzou side. They had several linemen due to the Covid protocol in their game vs LSU. I assume more Tigers are positive now.

Comment

Working...
                                X