No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True. Atlanta is really a total wild card. On offense these have two tentpoles (Acuna and Freeman) with the strength being that no one there is an offensive black hole. While I do not think they have an ace....they do have 3 guys that can be that on a given day (Teheran, Folty and Newcomb). Pretty deep staff.

I think they are probably a year ahead of schedule. And it would not surprise me if they went after a guy like Donaldson (especially if there is not a QO attached to him) in FA, shift Carmargo to a super UT role and given Austin Riley another year in the minors. Another option could be (and might be more likely if they get to the LCS or farther) is dealing Riley for a longer term answer at 3b.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I would love another pitcher. Like them both, but Tehran and Newcomb both have ERAs in the 4 neighborhood and a combined 21-17 record. Folty has done well, true, but having a lockdown SP in the rotation for a LDS or LCS would be huge.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Right now that might be Gausman.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I like that only the Red Sox OR the Yankees can make the ALCS. Because fuck em both, if we're to be honest here.

Comment

• Harsh but fair. Twitter stat of the day: Greg Maddux faced over 20,000 batters. Only 310 ever saw a 3-0 count. 177 were intentional walks. Fuck off, AA.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Indians the first team in MLB history to have 4 pitchers with 200 strikeouts each. But crazily enough, only rank 5th in total team strikeouts.

With Mike Clevinger's fourth strikeout Saturday night, the Indians became the first team to have four pitchers reach the 200-strikeout milestone in a single season.

The starting pitching makes them a threat in the postseason. Certainly not the bullpen.

Comment

• Greg Maddux faced over 20,000 batters. Only 310 ever saw a 3-0 count. 177 were intentional walks.
                Incredible His fast ball was what 86 mph? 93 Tops

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; September 25, 2018, 08:44 PM.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• lol maybe

Comment

• Except when discussing Brett Kavanaugh he turns into a British schoolgirl talking about One Direction circa 2013.

(Is that a timely reference? No? Shit...it still beats Wiz referencing One Day at a Time. Shit...that cast is mostly dead)

SIDE NOTE: I just googled "One Day at a Time" to see who was still alive and...what the living fuck...there's an actual remarke/sequel currently on Netflix starring Rita Moreno of West Side Story fame. It's entering Season 3,

HOLLYWOOD IS OUT OF IDEAS. WHAT WE GOT? LET'S REMAKE PERFECT STRANGERS

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Yeah Imma remake the Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Only this time the Scarecrow is a woman and Mrs King is a gay dude.

JUST FUCKIN ADD A SYNTH SCORE AND FUCK WE GOT US A HIT

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• lmao Talents 'stand up tonight' is on

Comment

• So yeah. That's basically what I think of the Detroit Tigers. Just say No to Magnum PI and his fuckin Tigers cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X