MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent- Mahoning Valley Scrappers in peril

Major League Baseball is planning to reorganize its minor league teams and that could mean the elimination of many affiliates.

Comment

• I updated the thread title a bit for Liney.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I thought I'd opine on the Astros sign stealing scandal.

I agree with those that believe that the punishment has been too light for the players involved.

But

There are those who are suggesting and even insisting, that the Astros be stripped of their 2017 WS title over the cheating.

I say, I'm fine with that. In fact, if the Astros organization was truly sorry about the matter, they should have boxed up the trophy, and sent it back to MLB Headquarters. If they were a truly classy organization, they wouldn't want a title that was tainted in such a manner.

But, right now the conversation is about taking away their 2017 title.

I'm fine with doing that. But, on the same day that you forcibly take away their 2017 WS Title, you have GOT to take away ALL records for ALL the players who have used steroids, to accomplish their records.

Barry Bonds HR record? Bye bye, and adjust the record books and give due honor and credit back to Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds doesn't deserve the HR record any more than I do. Give it back to Hammerin' Hank, where it belongs.

Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa eclipsing Roger Maris' HR in a season mark? So long.

All of the 'steroid boys' who set ML records by juicing, should have those records tossed out, and if they are in the Hall of Fame, they should be removed. Pete Rose isn't in the HOF, because he broke the rules. It should extend to all who cheated.

If MLB isn't willing to address ALL cheating, then they need to just STFU and leave things the way they are.

//// rant

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Happy 46th anniversary to 10-cent Beer Night!!

Comment

• Rumor has it the Yankees cheated like a bunch of motherfucking bitches to beats the Indians in the 2017 playoffs.

Comment

• I don't doubt that at all. That's why when all this stuff about electronic sign stealing came out, I didn't even bat an eyelash at it. Biggest problem for the Astros and Red Sox, was that they weren't good enough at cheating to get away with it. The ones who figure out how to cheat and get away with it are the real winners.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Judge orders a letter sent by MLB to the Yankees be unsealed. Yankees scream they're appealing. That letter must never be viewed by the public.

This is what I was referring to a couple days ago...it's heavily rumored that the letter discusses the Yankees using cameras to steal signs against the Indians in 2017.

The Yankees’ argument that releasing a letter sent from commissioner Rob Manfred to general manager Brian Cashman would cause “significant reputational injury” has been deemed “unpersuasive” by a f…

Comment

• Normally, I would rail against the Yankees for this, but since it was against the Indians, I think it should be allowed.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Normally, I would rail against the Yankees for this, but since it was against the Indians, I think it should be allowed.
                    Dale Murphy introduced roids into baseball. And loves the McRib

Comment

• Just saw the owners' proposal for 2020 and 2021 is rumored to include the National League adopting the DH.

Comment

• I saw that; hated it.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Double Switch!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tony La Russa is rolling over in his grave

Comment

• It’s not like a double switch is some complicated, contested center Sicilian. I like the pitcher hitting. I like everyone on defense a part of the offense.

”but the extra offense is exciting!!”

Not to me, I think pulling a pitcher early when you didn’t want to because you have the bases juiced with 1 out down 2 runs and his slot comes up but he has a .067 BA is more interesting, but fine. Have an offense and a separate defense like football and move away from the both-ways aspect of what baseball and basketball have traditionally done.

But this was always coming because the PA loves it. It provides another roster spot for some 50 lb overweight semi-retired slugger and the pitchers never have to take BP again.

Meh.

Comment

• So, DSL, what are you hoping the new Indians nickname will be? Free Stamps? Algal Blooms? Unemployed?

Personally, I'm rooting for Rockefellers in that it has both the obvious reference as well as the combined refernce to Rock'n'Roll and Bob Feller.

In any event, I'm sure the new name will be staggeringly stupid.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X