No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was easily one of the funnest baseball games I have ever watched. Funny how not have a rooting interest makes wild baseball games great fun to watch.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Exactly.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh. If I were a Dodgers fan I would have lost my shit so many times. But, then again, if I were a Dodgers fan I'd deserve every last bit of misery that comes my way.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Justin Turner gets pulled during the 8th inning of Game 6 because he tested positive for Covid-19. He then proceeds to celebrate on the field after the game with no mask.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/j...ates-on-field/

JFC, Dodgers...

Comment

• Now the biggest problem for the LA area will be trying to distinguish WS celebrations from rioters.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Mostly peaceful.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• White Sox hire Tony LaRussa away from the Shuffleboard Circuit. Did Bobby Cox turn them down?

Comment

• Tony LaRussa ruined baseball. I hate that guy.

Comment

• He’s younger than Biden.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      He’s younger than Biden.
                      lol

White Sox Manager carries more responsibilities. As President you mainly watch teevee and make observations about network ratings.

Comment

• As President you mainly watch teevee and make observations about network ratings.
                        Obama played golf, shot hoops, and made a lot of guest appearances on Jimmys Kimmel and Fallon. So, I guess that's about even.

Comment

• Completely even.

Comment

• Tigers sign AJ Hinch to a 3 year contract to manage the club. I love it. Gives me hope.

Comment

• I'm surprised Hinch would want to manage a team that is admittedly 2-3 seasons away from any kind of contention. The 'rebuild' has only started.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                I'm surprised Hinch would want to manage a team that is admittedly 2-3 seasons away from any kind of contention. The 'rebuild' has only started.
                                This is a key season for the Tigers.

I think they will look to plug some holes in FA. I don't see them at the top of the market and I would not be in a real hurry to bring back: Schoop, Romine, Cron or Nova.

Right now I would target: Cesar Hernandez, Joc Pederson and Jason Castro.

Play Castro at SS and see if he can handle on an every day basis, if not he would get moved to 2b probably but you need to find out over the course of a season. I would also play Paredes every day at 3b to see if he can handle it defensively. The bat I am pretty sure is going to be okay. Despite his struggles, he showed a pretty good eye at the plate (8bb/24k in 108 PAs) and he has hit in the minors.

Candelario I am playing every day at 1b.

Castro would be a part of a platoon at C (with Rogers), and Castro brings decent lefty pop and defense to the position but is not good enough to block Rogers (if he makes strides and leaps forward)

Reyes I want to play him every day and would spend ST seeing if he can handle CF. Cameron I would be giving a long look in RF. Pederson would add lefty pop and defense in LF that would make it easier to play Reyes in CF (especially if you have Cameron in RF). Jones would be the 4th OF ( a role he is better suited for).

Goodrum comes off the bench for me.

So right now I think I would have a lineup like this

2B C Hernandez
                                SS Castro
                                DH Miggy
                                1b Candelario
                                LF Pederson
                                3b Paredes
                                CF Reyes
                                RF Cameron
                                C J Castro/Rogers

Bench
                                UT H Castro
                                UT Goodrum
                                OF J Jones
                                C Rogers/J Castro

Now this lineup carries a bit of risk, because you are betting that Castro, Reyes and Candelario are real. That Paredes and Cameron won't be offensive black holes, but at this point the TIgers have to find this stuff out.

Rotation

Turnbull
                                Boyd
                                Fulmer
                                Skubal
                                Mize

Skubal and Mize showed enough that they get rotation spots for 2021. Fulmer---well he should have restrictions lifted off of him, and the rust should be shaken off by now. Time to see if he can eat some innings at a near league average rate. I don't Skubal or Mize get over 150 innings (at most) this year. Manning and Faedo stay in Toledo to start the year, but I think they will see action in Detroit (higher chance of that in the second half/All Star break time). I do think there is going to be a need for some guys in the bullpen to eat some innings/make some spot starts.

So right now my pen is going to look like this

LHP Daniel Norris
                                LHP Tyler Alexander

Both of these guys are much much better being multi inning relief guys than in the rotation though they can chew some innings there as well (quality varies greatly). With Fulmer, Skubal and Mize not huge odds to chew up over 150+ innings going to need guys than pick up those innings. If the Tigers can get 130-150 innings combined from those two it will go a long way to not feeling forced to call up Manning/Faedo earlier than Detroit wants to.

RHP Garcia
                                RHP Jimenez
                                RHP Farmer
                                LHP Soto
                                RHP Cisnero

Surprisingly decent 7th inning to close bullpen here. Nothing great but there is upside here. Still need another arm quite possibly two. Would like a solid vet option that could close. Not sure I would pick up Brad Hand off waivers (and his 10 million option) but a vet back would be nice as would someone that can get multi innings so dont have to rely on Norris and Alexander every time.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X