MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Just a great 12th inning walk-off hit for the Braves to win the series with the Orioles.

I hope I don’t jinx it, but this team is better than expected. Best record in the NL; second best record in baseball (fuckin’ Rays). 6.5 game lead in the NL East.
    Our 6.5 lead in the NL East is down to 3 games. When the Marlins are quickly gaining ground and breathing down your neck, well, it doesn’t bode well, but we still have the best record (.593) in the NL narrowly, Arizona and the Dodgers are just a half game behind (.583).

The Cardinals still have the worst record in the NL (.410).

The Rays still have the best record (.694) and the A’s still have the worst record (.194!) in baseball.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Rangers still have the largest RD -- by a lot. And I couldn't name one player in the their lineup -- outside of Semien. And they're mashing.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The Rangers still have the largest RD -- by a lot. And I couldn't name one player in the their lineup -- outside of Semien. And they're mashing.
        They do have Corey Seager (former Dodgers SS) and Josh Jung (older brother of Jace Jung in the Tigers system) at 3b. Aroldis Garcia is their RF---he can mash a bit but is only okay defensively.

Jon Gray is pitching out of his mind right now. Their starters are only going like 5-6 innings though so we will see how the pitching and bullpen holds up. The lineup is very solid though.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Just a great series sweep vs the Mets. Mets led most of the game and had a 4-run lead heading into the bottom of the 6th. We chip away at their lead and tie it up to go to extra innings where Albies hits a 3-run walk off homer in the bottom of the 10th.

Every game in this stand has been a multiple run come-from-behind late game or extra inning win for the Braves. This has to be soul crushing for them.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Don't look now, but the Guardians are getting their pitching healthy and the bats have gone from horrific to sort of bad. That's all resulted in massive 6-4 run that has drawn them to within 1.5 games of the hapless Twins. If the Guardians can get their bullpen pitching near average then I feel pretty confident they can make a serious run at 78 wins and, thus, the Central title!

Comment

• Just impressed with the Braves. If before the season you had told me that the Braves would have the best record in the NL, and the second best SLG and OPS in baseball behind the Rays and a top 8 ERA, I would have thought you insane with this lineup and pitching staff.

Comment

• Every team in the Central has a losing record. LOL. What makes that so impressive is that they all play in the worst division in baseball and STILL not a single team can scratch out, oh IDK, a 31-29 record?

Comment

• In just this past series against the Phillies, the Tigers were being no-hit with two outs in the 7th and 1 out in the 8th. In fact, I think it was back-to-back games. They said last night that in the first 3 innings of recent games the Tigers were like 1 for 52 at the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Just impressed with the Braves. If before the season you had told me that the Braves would have the best record in the NL, and the second best SLG and OPS in baseball behind the Rays and a top 8 ERA, I would have thought you insane with this lineup and pitching staff.
                    Well, that's because you're an idiot. A true patzer on the chessboard of life. The Mario Mendoza of posting. The David Shula of thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Every team in the Central has a losing record. LOL. What makes that so impressive is that they all play in the worst division in baseball and STILL not a single team can scratch out, oh IDK, a 31-29 record?
                      There are no longer imbalanced schedules or AS imbalanced. I think you only play 12 against division teams -- down from 18, I think.

Comment

There are no longer imbalanced schedules or AS imbalanced. I think you only play 12 against division teams -- down from 18, I think.
                        Oh, yeah. That's why we get a big series with the D-Backs this weekend!

Comment

This is correct. 4 series with division foes instead of 6. So we could have the joy of playing every team in MLB.

Tito and the Guardos may steal a division title after all with the way this year's looking. His teams almost always play better after the All-Star break.

Comment

In just this past series against the Phillies, the Tigers were being no-hit with two outs in the 7th and 1 out in the 8th. In fact, I think it was back-to-back games. They said last night that in the first 3 innings of recent games the Tigers were like 1 for 52 at the plate.
                            It's that taking pitches right down the middle to extend counts b.s. yeah, they're walking more but can't hit because it's proven when your down in the count with 1 or 2 strikes your hitting sucks. This whole new approach is stupid. Hit the damn ball better if it's hittable..

Comment

Oh, yeah. That's why we get a big series with the D-Backs this weekend!
                              Restore the Roar and Piss on the Hiss!!!

Comment

• Here are some offensive rankings for the Detroit Tigers:

Batting Avg.: 30th
                                OPS: 30th
                                Runs: 30th
                                Hits: 30th
                                RBI: 30th
                                Slugging: 30th
                                Homeruns: 28th!!

Comment

Working...
                                X