Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    Datsyuk wants to go back to Russia after finishing his contract? I hope not. That would be a huge loss for the Wings: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...end-of-season/
    Yup.

All players get long in the tooth and if Dats can go back to his homeland with a contract that still makes he, and his Agent happy, why is that a bad thing?

When he is done playing, he will take his money and go back to his homeland and live like a King.

If he could inject a bit of magic in his homeland fans and, become King and God, how could that be a bad thing for him?

He is a premium player that has proved himself and still has a bit in the tank.

While it would be bad for the Wings, the real question should be.........who are they developing to take his place?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If you watched him play during the lockout you would see how happy he and all the fans wherever he is playing are. He has given us years of the most amazing flat out stick-handling that I've ever seen and I've always thought he would go back after the contract was done.

But I'm going with Ken Holland when he was approached yesterday: datsyuk (nor his agent) have said nothing to him about whether he will leave or stay but they plan to meet when the season is over.

I was wondering what number Dekeyser was going to take because he was #5 at Western and obviously that won't be available, and I found out he is going to take #65. I'm not sure if he's a fan of Erik Karlson or just did it because it's 13*5.
      2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Yeah and Lidstrom wanted to always go back to Sweden when his contract was near. He saw how people treated Fedorov when he was negotiating, it would be stupid to not talk about going back to Russia.

Comment

• True but, I believe Lidstrom genuinely wanted to raise his boys in Sweden.

Heck given the babes that abound, the boys got the raw end of the the deal because he stayed.

.........although between him and Yzerman, I'd be hard pressed to name a professional athlete that had a long professional career and remained with only one team.

Comment

• Derek Jeter?

Kobe Bryant?

Tom Brady?

Ray Lewis?

Dan Marino?

Elway?
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Who are they?

Comment

• Journeymen
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Seems to me though, Elway was not drafted by the Broncs.

Comment

• True but he only played for them.

Comment

• Chicago doesn't like Detroit much, it seems.

Comment

• You aren't going to win when your own defense scores on your goalie.

Turned the game off after that.

Comment

• That game was a dog whistle game for chemiclord.

Getting back to Mark's question about having a replacement ready for when Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg leaves. The answer is simple, they don't have any. It was amazing that they had replacements for Fedorov and Yzerman. These type of players are rare and they aren't normally going in the late rounds. The odds of that happening again are pretty high.

They are going to have to retool this thing this offseason. They are going to have to be creative.

Comment

• It was amazing that they had replacements for Fedorov and Yzerman. These type of players are rare and they aren't normally going in the late rounds. The odds of that happening again are pretty high.
                            The Wings used to have Europe scouted better than anyone else. Barry Smith in particular had the place wired. Unless some other hotbed of hockey developes, they have lost the edge they used to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              That game was a dog whistle game for chemiclord.

Getting back to Mark's question about having a replacement ready for when Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg leaves. The answer is simple, they don't have any. It was amazing that they had replacements for Fedorov and Yzerman. These type of players are rare and they aren't normally going in the late rounds. The odds of that happening again are pretty high.

They are going to have to retool this thing this offseason. They are going to have to be creative.
                              Well Datsyuk and Zetterberg were never billed to be what they turned out to be. If you actually followed the wings closely 11 years ago we were counting on Igor Grigorenko to take over the reins from Fedorov/Yzerman.

We still have the advantage of having the best development system (or one of the best) in the league and we have a great prospect pool with lots of promise. Nothing is certain and no one can say for sure how everyone will develop but someone will make a leap above what everyone expected them to do and will be among the players to take the reins from Dats/Z.
                              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• If you actually followed the wings closely 11 years ago we were counting on Igor Grigorenko to take over the reins from Fedorov/Yzerman.

Yep newbie, I just fell off the turnip truck and started following the Red Wings last year. Who is this Grigorenko you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                                X