No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread. These kids have been playing well and I think the credit has to go to Babcock who has been letting them play the way they feel most confident. He is doing one heckuva job behind the bench. And the other teams who have to win aren't. I'd love to see them extend their post season consecutive appearance record.

Comment

• "Wings are playing some good hockey."
      --------------------------Ya they are. I'm impressed with these kids. Future looks pretty good. Hope they make the playoffs. Who knows after that. Howard gets on a roll and we could go places.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
        I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread. These kids have been playing well and I think the credit has to go to Babcock who has been letting them play the way they feel most confident. He is doing one heckuva job behind the bench. And the other teams who have to win aren't. I'd love to see them extend their post season consecutive appearance record.

Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "Wings are playing some good hockey."
        --------------------------Ya they are. I'm impressed with these kids. Future looks pretty good. Hope they make the playoffs. Who knows after that. Howard gets on a roll and we could go places.
        Howard has become a vet netminder and he will be lights out from here on.

Book it, DanO.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh Shit. We're in trouble now.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter in this thread. These kids have been playing well and I think the credit has to go to Babcock who has been letting them play the way they feel most confident. He is doing one heckuva job behind the bench. And the other teams who have to win aren't. I'd love to see them extend their post season consecutive appearance record.
            Well, it's hard for me to give Babcock TOO much props considering if it wasn't for injuries we'd still have people like Cleary and Samuelsson chewing up the minutes that is currently going to the younger "kids."

What I WILL give him credit for is making the most of what is on the roster once his hand was forced.

As for the post-season appearance streak, I honestly could not care less about something that is so watered down that it's practically meaningless at this point. Whoopdie-fuckin'-do... you managed to barely squeak above the 50% cut off line again. Here's your participation ribbon.
            Last edited by chemiclord; March 23, 2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Well, it's hard for me to give Babcock TOO much props considering if it wasn't for injuries we'd still have people like Cleary and Samuelsson chewing up the minutes that is currently going to the younger "kids."

What I WILL give him credit for is making the most of what is on the roster once his hand was forced.

As for the post-season appearance streak, I honestly could not care less about something that is so watered down that it's practically meaningless at this point. Whoopdie-fuckin'-do... you managed to barely squeak above the 50% cut off line again. Here's your participation ribbon.

You kidding me?

Yup, like all coaches they give a lot of room for proven vets they like.

.....but getting this team on the same page and hitting on all 8?

He deserves Coach of the year already.

Comment

• He shouldn't have needed his hand forced to play his best players. Period. It shouldn't be hard to see, "Nyquist is doing things Samuelsson can't even do in his dreams."

It shouldn't have come down to injuries. If Babcock's perfect world had come to pass, the Wings would be out of the playoff hunt most likely. So no, he DOESN'T deserve Coach of the Year. Sorry. I'm not going to forget the first half of the season simply because he had no choice but to play the youngins in the second half. I'll give him all the credit in the world for making the most out of what he had AFTER his head was pulled out of his ass, but I'm not going to dismiss that his head shouldn't have been lodged up there to begin with.
                Last edited by chemiclord; March 23, 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• I am guessing you have never played a team sport or coached one.

.......let me rephrase that.

I am guessing you have never played a team sport at a high level or coached one at a medium level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    I am guessing you have never played a team sport or coached one.

.......let me rephrase that.

I am guessing you have never played a team sport at a high level or coached one at a medium level.
                    So... you've got nothing in response.

Good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      So... you've got nothing in response.

Good to know.
                      Well, let me spell it out.

It shouldn't have come down to injuries. If Babcock's perfect world had come to pass, the Wings would be out of the playoff hunt most likely. So no, he DOESN'T deserve Coach of the Year. Sorry. I'm not going to forget the first half of the season simply because he had no choice but to play the youngins in the second half. I'll give him all the credit in the world for making the most out of what he had AFTER his head was pulled out of his ass, but I'm not going to dismiss that his head shouldn't have been lodged up there to begin with.

What happened in the first half is the result of a Coach doing his job and expecting his players to do theirs.

What is happening now is a Coach making adjustments and putting his foot up his players asses.

Just because he did not play the kids earlier does not mean playing them now is a sin.

He has this team playing well right now and that is his job.

Get into the playoffs and it does not matter who played in the first half. It only matters who is playing now.

He has had more of his go to guys inured than any other Coach in the NHL and he is still in the hunt.

Like it or not when the kids start playing, getting to the post season is the ultimate goal and his team has shown dramatic improvement with the signing of a Vet C to replace one of the two superstar C's that have gone down to injury.

Good coaching means nothing if you do not have the horses to run with.

Good coaching however, will keep you in the race and he has done that, and more.

Comment

• I actually blame the rookies staying in GR on Holland more than Babcock. Holland has handed out some RIDICULOUS contracts over the last several years kind of forcing Babcocks hand.

Sammy, Clearly, Tootoo, Weiss.. Trading for Quincey. The multi year to Sammy was one of the dumbest deals i've seen in awhile.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

What happened in the first half is the result of a Coach doing his job and expecting his players to do theirs.

What is happening now is a Coach making adjustments and putting his foot up his players asses.

Just because he did not play the kids earlier does not mean playing them now is a sin.

Get into the playoffs and it does not matter who played in the first half. It only matters who is playing now.

He has had more of his go to guys inured than any other Coach in the NHL and he is still in the hunt.

Like it or not when the kids start playing, getting to the post season is the ultimate goal and his team has shown dramatic improvement with the signing of a Vet C to replace one of the two superstar C's that have gone down to injury.

Good coaching however, will keep you in the race and he has done that, and more.
                          LOL!

If Gonz got smacked down that hard, he'd go camping.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

By playing inferior, over-the-hill veterans over younger players who were objectively playing BETTER? If willingly NOT putting out your best is 'doing your job', fucking sign me up for that shit.

Nor does it wash away the fact that he's only playing the kids now because he doesn't have a choice.

It kinda DOES matter when instead of playing Montreal or Philly (potentially with home ice advantage), you're instead looking down the barrel of Boston or Pittsburgh.

Yep. And I would love for you to point where I said Babcock was a bad coach. He's done a great job... but he could (and should) have been doing this job sooner. Sit the over-the-hill vets and play the better players from Day 1, and he doesn't HAVE to scramble to make the playoffs.

Comment

• And Malto didn't smack down shit.

He's parroting "old school" nonense against an attack on Babcock that wasn't there.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X