No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another forward to block the youth movement! Whoo hooo! At least he isn't 32...

Comment

• The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Teemu Pulkkinen, a restricted free agent, for $812,500 for the coming season.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
        The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Teemu Pulkkinen, a restricted free agent, for $812,500 for the coming season.
        If only the holy slapper could hit the net...
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Another forward to block the youth movement! Whoo hooo! At least he isn't 32...
          I like Glendenning. Not sure how high his skill ceiling is. The Wings need some tougher players, they just need to trade a forward or two.

I would send Tatar, but that is only because I like Nyquist better.
          AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• That Glen contract is amazing. He's not a top line forward but he's a real pain in the ass on the ice. That's a great price for him.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Re-signing Helm, Miller, and Glendenning seems like a bad idea. You're telling me they couldn't have replaced all of those guys with younger cheaper talent?

It's like once they put on a Wings uniform, Holland looks at the guy and thinks, "well, he played for the Wings, he must be good..."

Comment

• Exactly, all of those players are fine but it's not like they are new to the program. They been key cogs in numerous 1st round exits. It is at the point where they are limited by Holland's imagination. They have talent, but it isn't the right mix and he is unwilling to shake up the mix. So the result is a lot of swings and misses in free agency and long term contracts for backup plans and middling homegrown guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  I like Glen. Let's see what the dollar figure looks like.
                  Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                  $
                  This post deserves recognition
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I really like the Glendenning contract. Miller is cheap and short term so it's not terrible but I have no idea why both he and Helm are back. I wanted to throw up when I saw that Helm contract.

It just shows that Holland has no clue what he's doing. Besides Helms speed all three play similar 3rd or 4th functions. Once Miller was signed it should have signaled the end for Helm but several weeks later Holland stumbles in drunk with a contract that should have been burned.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      This post deserves recognition
                      Ya know.. I missed that. It is pretty hilarious
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Exactly, all of those players are fine but it's not like they are new to the program. They been key cogs in numerous 1st round exits. It is at the point where they are limited by Holland's imagination.
                        But you know as well as I do that's the entire point. Holland's imagination is limited to a roster that he thinks will make the playoffs and extend the streak. As long as he's allowed to call the shots, the team is never going to risk that.

Comment

• Yeah that might be right, I was holding out hope that he may change things up a bit. That hope is pretty much gone. The streak is in jeopardy with such a milqetoast offseason. Three straight years of qualifying in the last week should have been a wakeup call.

Comment

• He needs to go. DD did a much better job than Holland near the end of his run and he got the axe. We need a new vision and new direction. Wings fans are just up in arms over signing all those 32 year old forwards and then re-signing our own forwards. It's a fucking joke.

Comment

• Well, Froot is right when he says that the entire organization is perfectly fine with Holland as long as Holland maintains the playoff streak. They regard that streak with as much pride as they do their Stanley Cup total.

But I also think the minute the Wings miss the playoffs, Holland's gone, and without that crutch, the onus will be on building a champion again.

Where Froot and I disagree is that I believe it starts with Holland. He's "Patient Zero" in this malaise on the franchise. This streak is pretty much the only feather left in Holland's cap. He's already got Cups... but this streak, if it were to become the longest in the major professional sports, would cement his legacy as one of the best GMs ever... at least in his mind.

If he were to be fired, the onus on the new GM wouldn't be just to make the top eight in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Well, Froot is right when he says that the entire organization is perfectly fine with Holland as long as Holland maintains the playoff streak. They regard that streak with as much pride as they do their Stanley Cup total.

But I also think the minute the Wings miss the playoffs, Holland's gone, and without that crutch, the onus will be on building a champion again.

Where Froot and I disagree is that I believe it starts with Holland. He's "Patient Zero" in this malaise on the franchise. This streak is pretty much the only feather left in Holland's cap. He's already got Cups... but this streak, if it were to become the longest in the major professional sports, would cement his legacy as one of the best GMs ever... at least in his mind.

If he were to be fired, the onus on the new GM wouldn't be just to make the top eight in the conference.
                                Agreed. Holland could have done good things once he dumped Dats contract but wound up reaching and overpaying for aging free agents which did nothing to improve the team on the blue line.
                                All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X