No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller looks like a waste to me but since it's only a one year deal I'm not too concerned. Hopefully this means they won't overpay for Helm.

I've read that the defensemen the Wings drafted were reaches. Hopefully not. I think Smith can still be a good player. A lot of people seem to have given up on the guy.

Comment

• Lucic is expected to sign with Edmonton

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Oh believe me I'm not. Last time I put faith in hockey FA those same sources said we're getting Suter and his running mate. Shows how that one turned out.
        1) The Wings did not have enough cap room for both and both wanted to play together.

2) They both were from Minnesota and wanted to play there

3) Minnesota had more cap room than the Wings.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Miller looks like a waste to me but since it's only a one year deal I'm not too concerned. Hopefully this means they won't overpay for Helm.

I've read that the defensemen the Wings drafted were reaches. Hopefully not. I think Smith can still be a good player. A lot of people seem to have given up on the guy.
          I heard the first defensman they drafted is a smooth skater, great puck mover and has size.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Your thinking about the pick we gave away :-) The defenseman the Wings picked is 5/10 160pds lol smh They say he's growing.

1) The Wings did not have enough cap room for both and both wanted to play together.

2) They both were from Minnesota and wanted to play there

3) Minnesota had more cap room than the Wings.

I think the Wings are the front runners still for Stamkos. Toronto made their pitch today begging on knees, Mayor and all, CEO of Canadian Tire as well.

The only excuse Holland (he want him just as badly as the Leafs) has is if Stamkos wants to play for his hometown Toronto (doubt that) or stay with Tampa for more money with the tax relief there.

Comment

• TSN just reported Stamkos is staying in Tampa.

Comment

• Steven Stamkos - C - Lightning
                Steven Stamkos has reportedly decided to stay with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

That will put an end to the Stamkos' sweepstakes that were scheduled for July 1. He will apparently agree to an eight-year, $68 million deal with the Lightning and avoid free agency. He recorded 36 goals and 64 points in 77 games last season and had just about every team ready to welcome him with open arms.

Source: TSN.ca Jun 29 - 4:25 PM

Comment

• Oh good.

Now Holland can blow his wad on a whole bunch of old men with no upside!

Comment

• Good for Stevie Y best move for both. Look for Holland to desperately waste $$ on aging FA forwards, after he's out of the fetal position.

Comment

• Yep, there's no doubt Holland will sign a bunch of overpaid middling players that won't move the needle much. We're stuck in purgatory. Middle of the pack team with no hope to contend. It sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Yep, there's no doubt Holland will sign a bunch of overpaid middling players that won't move the needle much. We're stuck in purgatory. Middle of the pack team with no hope to contend. It sucks.
                        Man... if only there was a way to... ya know... play some younger people, build up the next core... find out how they do on the big stage... but the Wings would need a whole bunch of younger players in Grand Rapids... and they might miss the playoffs for the first year or two.

And ya know, we can't have THAT now.

Comment

• basically both of Illitch's teams are in the same position. Just middle of the pack sports purgatory. The worst place to be in modern sports.

Comment

• Wow that really blows
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I never understood the theory that Yzerman would let Stamkos walk for nothing.

While I probably would have been excited about the Wings signing him, I think they may be better off without him. Something tells me he wouldn't have done much in a Wings uniform. We'll never know now.

I hope this doesn't mean they will overpay for Helm now.

Comment

• 25 years in the playoffs! We had to grind and claw to get that 8th seed only to get rolled in the first round. The pick we landed in the first round we had to give up and move back to clear salary for a guy who didn't want to be here anymore.

It's all fine, though. There's just garbage as FA, so let's sign a bunch of 30 year olds who might get us to the 7th seed next year! Whoo hoo! Progress! 26 years in the playoffs!

Comment

Working...
                                X