No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the end of the day, you're not going to convince me that fighting polices cheap shots, at least not at the highest level of play. The sort of people that such a threat would be effective on aren't the sort of person who plans such hits to begin with. That usually happens spur of the moment, and they are rarely actively targeting places that would do long term damage (example, going for a hard check in retaliation, missing the chest and accidentally hitting the neck or head).

And the people who WOULD be directly targeted by such enforcers don't care one tenth of one shit about enforcers. It's the expected cost of doing their job. If they weren't willing to take that potential beating for the paycheck, they wouldn't be on the roster to begin with.

That's NOT the same as saying fighting is pointless or should be abolished, and to be fair, I've probably expressed that poorly. What I have said is that if the ONLY reason for fighting in the NHL is to deter cheap shot artists, that it fails miserably at that goal.

Comment

• OH!!! Chemi just admitted he was wrong!!!! MM wins!!!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fighting can help deter future cheap shots, in the short term - but you got to win the fight first.......

Signed,

Robin Ventura.

Comment

• LOL

NOLAN RYAN was my favorite ballplayer of all time. I even adopted his pitching and fighting style. Come and get some.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/881189216402767872[/ame]
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• "It's a man's league." ~ Ken "What does it take to get fired around here?" Holland

Comment

• I dont mind the Daley signing. Im not a fan of 3 years but he'll be an upgrade over Kronwall and Shitty E. I hope those 2 just sit at home.next year. Theyre terrible
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I dont get the Witkowski contract. So basically we signed another 3rd or 4th line player while Bertuzzi is stranded in GR? That is f'ing stupid.

We have 10 forwards that play on the 3rd or 4th lines. Dumb!!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I mind the signing because it's further evidence that the young guns in GR aren't going to get anything resembling a shot at the NHL as long as Holland is in charge of the team. I would have thought that finally missing the playoffs would finally be the impetus to finally go into full rebuild... but nope. Holland's gonna try and keep running aging veterans out there to do... something? For... reasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I dont get the Witkowski contract. So basically we signed another 3rd or 4th line player while Bertuzzi is stranded in GR? That is f'ing stupid.

We have 10 forwards that play on the 3rd or 4th lines. Dumb!!
                      You can bet your sweet bippie that Bertuzzi is coming up next year and you can also bet that since they missed the playoffs, the veterans first attitude will be gone.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I hope you're right Malto.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I will see it when I believe it.

Or something.

Comment

• Red Wings Cap hell

Franzen will be on LTIR until his deal expires in 2020.

Helm has a $3.8M until 2021.

Abdelkader has a $4.3M until 2023

Glendenning $1.8M thru 2021

DDK is making $5M per year.

Erickson is at $4.3M thru 2020. Ugh

Kronwall is at $4.8M thru 2019
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Holland needs to go
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Red Wings Cap hell

Franzen will be on LTIR until his deal expires in 2020.

Helm has a $3.8M until 2021.

Abdelkader has a $4.3M until 2023

Glendenning $1.8M thru 2021

DDK is making $5M per year.

Erickson is at $4.3M thru 2020. Ugh

Kronwall is at $4.8M thru 2019
                                You can add to the list:
                                [ame]https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/888493360629022720[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X