U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    Great game, too bad it was marred by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. Not that it caused UM to lose, just some absolutely horrid calls/no calls/wrong calls going both ways.
    This.

I don't mind the consistent body contact allowed, as that was pretty consistent across the board. Louisville just took better advantage with their more physical play.

But the sort of blatantly terrible calls made, to both teams, all game... that's inexcusable.

Comment

• "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        This.

I don't mind the consistent body contact allowed, as that was pretty consistent across the board. Louisville just took better advantage with their more physical play.

But the sort of blatantly terrible calls made, to both teams, all game... that's inexcusable.
        Like what? What were the blatantly terrible calls made against Louisville?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Some bad calls the previous two games too. Unfortunate.

Beyond that I think ultimately the difference was, IMO, Behanan. He was just so good down there. GRIII and Hardaway Jr. were too soft for him and when those guys get pushed around it seems to effect them on the offensive side.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• When is a Michigan team (excluding the RedWings) going to win a championship for my generation???
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              What were the horrid calls/no calls/wrong calls that went in UM's favor? I know the super clean block on Trey wasn't in UM's favor. I know the missed goaltend in the first half wasn't in UM's favor, and I know Burke's phantom second foul that made him sit for 15 minutes in the first half wasn't in UM's favor.
              McGary's kicked ball, for one.

Smith had a PERFECTLY clean steal on Albrecht that was called a foul.

There were others, but those are the two that come to mind right off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                When is a Michigan team (excluding the RedWings) going to win a championship for my generation???
                The Tigers this year.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There were more that went against UM, but McGary got away with his fifth against Bohannen, Hardway shoved off on a drive to the basket that was pretty blatant. The kicked ball by McGary though I don't know if that amounted to much of anything. Russ Smith got hacked a couple of times that clearly weren't called.

UM did get the shaft on a lot of stuff though, but their pick & roll D was horrid and they continues to gank FTs.

Comment

• The calls favored Louisville IMO. The bad calls were more about the calls they didn't call. It was both ways but it favored Louisville (but it's also logical it favored an aggressive defense and a team that likes to drive more than shoot).
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

When is a Michigan team (excluding the RedWings) going to win a championship for my generation???
                      2000? 2004?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        McGary's kicked ball, for one.

Smith had a PERFECTLY clean steal on Albrecht that was called a foul.

There were others, but those are the two that come to mind right off.
                        It was the non-calls that were more glaring overall.

Comment

• You mean the kicked ball that went right back to a louisville player?
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Forever One!

Comment

Tigers got a shot this season
                              "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                You mean the kicked ball that went right back to a louisville player?
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X