No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda interesting that Hoke gets canned the same day RRod gets named Coach of the year for the Pac 12.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Fools!!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Kinda interesting that Hoke gets canned the same day RRod gets named Coach of the year for the Pac 12.
          Amazing what a good coach can do when he's not getting bent over by everyone in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Amazing what a good coach can do when he's not getting bent over by everyone in the room.
            You mean realizes a football team has defensive players too?

Comment

• Whelp, when your bosses aren't willing to pony up for assistants until AFTER you're fired...

Comment

• "Amazing what a good coach can do when he's not getting bent over by everyone in the room."
                ------------------------------Yep!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I mean, Rich Rod isn't perfect, as his insistence to run 3-3-5 without the right coaches or players will attest. But when you get out of his way, let him make the moves he wants to make, he has traditionally surrounded himself with the right people to minimize his flaws.

Not only did U-M not get out of his way... elements in the university actively got in the way.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ya, I am not so sure what Lloyd Carr had against him.

Comment

• I didn't like RR, was not a fan of the hire, but he's been successful everywhere he went, so he likely could have been at UM if given the opportunity. That said, I'm glad he's not the coach and hope they land a great one this time after divesting themselves of a guy who was just over his head.

Comment

• Ha!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Ya, I am not so sure what Lloyd Carr had against him.
                            His name wasn't Ron English. That's the long and short of it. Lloyd Carr felt he had earned the right to name his successor. Bill Martin said, "I'm not hiring your shitty coordinator. Build a bridge and get over it."

Carr didn't get over it.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; December 2, 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

Chemic will play tHis tune until M Re-emerges
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Chemic will play tHis tune until M Re-emerges
                                Re-emerges from what?

I've got nothing against the school itself. I have a bone to pick with the undeserved arrogance that seeps through the Athletic Department. Why is a "Michigan Man" so fucking important? Michigan Men have done shit for nearly two decades at this point.

This narrative they run with of the "Good ol' days" is tired and stale. You have the resources. You have the facilities. You have the sort of job ANYONE could want... provided you actually were willing to consider ANYONE for it.

Fan clamor for Jim Harbaugh, well he's not coming through that door. The Athletic Department won't accept him. He's a traitor. He's persona non grata. He dared commit the cardinal sin; saying Michigan is no better, and no worse, than anyone else. It doesn't matter that he was RIGHT, you don't SAY that.

Les Miles isn't coming through that door, either. He knows he would be immediately put to the torch by Lloyd Carr's cronies and that the fallout would probably be worse than what RichRod went through. As far as Miles is concerned, Michigan is there to do LSU's contract negotiations for them.

Who gives a fuck if the new coach doesn't think "Ohio" is that big of deal? News flash; at this point it IS just another game, at least for the Buckeyes. You're an easy win on their schedule. You need to field a much better team and much better coaches before they take you seriously again.

Let the "Michigan Man" myth that was created from a quote stripped of all context die. Look beyond the Carr or Schembechler coaching tree. That's how your last renaissance started, by looking outside that insular inbred pool in Ann Arbor. Most importantly, whoever that guy is... get the fuck out of his way. If that means purging the Athletic Department of all those connections to the "good ol' days", then DO IT. Kick them out the door and tell them never to come back.

Michigan has everything it needs to be a premier school in athletics and academics... if it would stop fucking itself in the ass with petty battles for a soul long dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X