U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Cousins will be drafted. Forman should be drafted.
    This team has a lot more draftable players than that.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Michigan is smaller at RB, QB, and WR, but the OL is big. They just don't have the big bellies anymore. They do have a couple of bigger backs, but Rodriguez rather run Vincent Smith into the line on 3rd and 1. I watched Purdue v.s. Northwestern the other night and couldn't help but notice how similar they look to Michigan. Thanks Rich. Defensively, they are s-l-o-w. Cam Gordon, Cullen Christian, Kordan Kovacs, Obi Ezeh are all slow of foot. It certainly doesn't help Ezeh when he runs himself out of position every play.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• the argument has always been which system better sets up guys for the NFL.
        Forever One!

Comment

• That only really applies to the offensive players though (claiming the spread isn't putting players in the NFL)... and the NFL is using shotgun formations more and more and more. I'm sure most schools claim they do to recruits though. You know the Spartans are listing off all the ridiculous wide receivers MSU has produced to Arnett.

I'll bet this has been said too "Look Arnett, we can get a dental student walk on to the NFL to catch passes from Manning".
          Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; October 12, 2010, 01:50 PM.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
            the argument has always been which system better sets up guys for the NFL.
            Then why would you include guys that went into the NFL under Kelly's spread offense as proof that Dantonio's boring ass offense puts players in the NFL?

Players playing under Rod have gone to Sundays more than players in Dantonio's system. That will likely change but don't deceive yourself. I'm sure coach dantonio doesn't.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Dantonios offense isn't boring

I think its a case by case scenario.. there is something to selling a kid on the idea that they will improve their draft stock. USC does this and supposedly it was a big reason OSU got that phenom QB Pryor over Michigan (because he was sold on the idea that ohio state would demonstrate he could run a pro-style offense).

If RR landed Pryor UofM would have likely won at least a few more games in the last couple years.
              Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; October 12, 2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Pryor would flourish in Rodriguez' offense. I don't ever see him playing QB in the NFL. He would have made a good TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Pryor would flourish in Rodriguez' offense. I don't ever see him playing QB in the NFL. He would have made a good TE.
                  Pair him up with Tebow in Denver and you could really get wacky with the wildcat.

Comment

• I think its way too early to compare NFL prospects for either coaching staff to some sort of long term trend. We'll start seeing how both do in the coming years. There wasn't much talent on State's side of the ball that could be developed into NFL talent when he arrived. On Michigan's side, I'm not sure what to think.

The one thing I will continue to say is that Rodriguez is going away from the strength that made Michigan stong. They could reliably produce NFL offensive linemen for the last 40 years, quality NFL QBs for the last 20 years. Good skill position players and good defensive players. It remains to be seen whether he can make a different formula that succeeds as well as the 40 year old model did. So far it hasn't been working but there is still time.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I think its way too early to compare NFL prospects for either coaching staff to some sort of long term trend. We'll start seeing how both do in the coming years. There wasn't much talent on State's side of the ball that could be developed into NFL talent when he arrived. On Michigan's side, I'm not sure what to think.

The one thing I will continue to say is that Rodriguez is going away from the strength that made Michigan stong. They could reliably produce NFL offensive linemen for the last 40 years, quality NFL QBs for the last 20 years. Good skill position players and good defensive players. It remains to be seen whether he can make a different formula that succeeds as well as the 40 year old model did. So far it hasn't been working but there is still time.
                      I mean if that offense had a defense... its possible to see it but how long do you give RR to fix a defense that has only gotten worse as the Grahams of the world move on.

Comment

• Nobody is giving Michigan a chance vs Iowa. They have a really good D so far (haven't play to many good teams though). This would really be a big win for RR, may not take away the smarting from the MSU loss, but the bleeding will really start again with a loss. The vultures are circling.

Comment

• The offensive line is the strength of the Michigan team, and I do think they have some NFL prospects there.

Comment

• ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan will open the 2012 season against Alabama in Cowboys Stadium.
                            The school announced the matchup Thursday, a month after Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said the tradition-rich teams were probably playing.
                            Alabama will be designated as the home team in the Sept. 1, 2012, game in Arlington, Texas.
                            The Wolverines and Alabama have played three times, but haven't played in the regular season.
                            Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon says it will be a great way to kick off the 2012 season with two of college football's winningest programs.
                            Michigan will also play at Notre Dame in two years and has to open dates for teams willing to play at the big House that season.

Comment

• we are so going to get our asses handed to us.......
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I think Jim Harbaugh will have Michigan playing tough. :-) And who knows who will be Alabama's coach will be by then?

Comment

Working...
                                X