No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, in the Lions case, it's their own incompetence that puts them out of the running. They theoretically have a shot at the Super Bowl regardless of where the ESPN Power Rankings put them before Week 1.

In the the case of say... any college team not in the Top 15 of a preseason poll... they're out of the running because of things beyond their control.

Comment

• Then doubly take your shot elsewhere. You and gonz should make a thread just to shit on other people.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• By that logic, there should be no discussions except by people who agree on all counts.

Comment

• Not at all.

Comment

• You can disagree without shitty all over other people chemi. You obviously skipped that class in school.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Guess I'm not sure how I was "shitty all over people" in this thread. Oh well.

Comment

• I believe you just hit on the problem.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well said DanO..

Comment

• Do enlighten me.

How am I "shitty all over people" here?

I don't think I've insulted anybody. I've stated an opinion, one that you and SLF clearly don't like. So, either you don't like people disagreeing with you; or I'm missing something.

I don't like college football's system, and have said why. If that's "shitty all over people", then "people" need to get a thicker skin, and I won't apologize for that.

But if there was something in there that someone found truly insulting, then enlighten me and I extend my apologies. Nothing said here (at least in my mind) has deserved slinging insults.

I'll be honest, this bothers me. I have no problem ragging and insulting someone, when I intend to. When I don't (like in this case), it gnaws at me. What have I said in this thread that was so "shitty" that it deserved such a strong response?
                    Last edited by chemiclord; August 29, 2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• It's not insulting. Its annoying.

If you don't like college football, don't come into a thread to discuss how shitty it is. It's fucking annoying.

It's like the asshole that goes into McDonalds and complains about how bad the food is...Don't go into it if you think its bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        It's not insulting. Its annoying.

If you don't like college football, don't come into a thread to discuss how shitty it is. It's fucking annoying.

It's like the asshole that goes into McDonalds and complains about how bad the food is...Don't go into it if you think its bad...
                        That's the thing; I like college football. I go to GVSU games every opportunity I get. There's an atmosphere that isn't replicated at the professional level.

Maybe it would help if I clarify that you're talking to a guy that didn't have a problem with the old bowl system either; so it's not like I'm a "playoffs or bust" hater.

I love college football. I hate what the governing bodies of the BCS does to it.

So, yes, I'm going to speak out about it.

Comment

• So, yes, I'm going to speak out about it.
                          People are going to continue to give you shit about the way you post.

Have fun.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And there's CGVT bitching about the way I post.

And people call me a broken record.

For what it's worth; I don't care if people find me annoying. That's just too bad for them, I guess. This is the way I post... sorry if it bothers you, but it's probably not going to change, and certainly not because people whine about it.

But I am keenly aware that occasionally I will say things that come across as insulting when I don't intend to be so (long story, it's something psychological I've had to deal with pretty much most of my life). So sometimes when people react strongly to what I say, I want to make sure that I didn't say something that came across as mean-spirited.

Different story when I intentionally try to come across that way, obviously.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; August 29, 2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Who are you speaking too anyway? We all know how you feel about college football so why keep repeating it to the same people :-) not to take sides either - people who don't want to read his posts can skip them (its not that hard) . I already knew chemics take on this so I just skipped it. Now if Rockey will ever get out of the Michigan Fourm, I want to know who the bandanna girl is!

Comment

• Here's the deal, Chemic. If someone is a jackass on this forum, they are going to get called out. It happens to all of us, some more than others (see Gonz). The problem is that you are almost always a jackass.

I sat by for quite a while and watched you spew because you asked me to. The problem with that is you then think you have free reign to post inane shit as if it is fact with no challenge.

That is not going to happen anymore. (that is when I take the time to read your shit rather than scroll past...)

Batteries Released!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X