No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Drummond 14/21 from the FT line this season.

Comment

• Pistons have twice as many wins as the Lions.

Comment

• Reggie Jackson makes some poor decisions with the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Reggie Jackson makes some poor decisions with the ball.
          He's making mistakes he never made all last season. Feels like he's trying to do too much to justify his huge new contract.

He just needs to be reeled in a bit. Lay off the jumpers and attack more. He has one of the most accurate tweener shots in basketball and he hasn't gone to it enough.

Comment

• Steve Blake and Anthony Tolliver had some valuable minutes off the bench too I think.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Utah has my favorite player, Trey Burke.
              I wonder if year 3 (if any) will be the year he takes off...
              It's looking like the KCP vs Burke decision is in already, but you never know...
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                He's making mistakes he never made all last season. Feels like he's trying to do too much to justify his huge new contract.

He just needs to be reeled in a bit. Lay off the jumpers and attack more. He has one of the most accurate tweener shots in basketball and he hasn't gone to it enough.
                On offense he looked the same when he was first traded to Detroit. I agree he'll get better soon once he gets comfortable and in rhythm.

What I've noticed, at least for two games, is that his defensive intensity is much improved over anytime last year. Thats a great sign of his focus and dedication this year.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'm loving Steve Blake. Dude comes in and just plays basketball with no hesitation and moves the ball. He looks like a great pickup. I hope he gets more PT with Drummond on the court.

Comment

• Stanley Johnson does a lot of things, and looks good at times, but his decision making on offense is way off right now. He looks like he has very little sense of team basketball to be honest. He's trying to fast break 1 on 3 (and got that to work actually once) and consistently dribbles into a corner that he needs to make a tough pass to get out of. I think that should improve quickly, but he's got some adjusting to do there for sure.

Comment

• Yup, KCP >>> Burke at this point.
                      and that pissed me off when they took KCP over Burke.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I dunno if saying KCP > Burke at this moment in time is anything more than damning with faint praise. Neither of them have been particularly stellar in more than flashes.

Comment

• The one that has consistently played good defense and is trending up is superior to the other, at this moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                            The one that has consistently played good defense and is trending up is superior to the other, at this moment.
                            Not saying you're wrong. Just saying KCP > Burke isn't saying much.

Comment

• I'll gladly admit to being completely wrong about S Blake. When we first acquired him I was terribly down on the move but since that last pre-C game he's been exactly what we need of a backup PG. Great addition to the team!

I'm also pleasantly surprised with Morris. He's been a great find as well. Losing Monroe's talent for nothing sucked but SVG and the team have done great in the bargain bin trades of flipping shit for better shit.

SVG is the man.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                I'll gladly admit to being completely wrong about S Blake. When we first acquired him I was terribly down on the move but since that last pre-C game he's been exactly what we need of a backup PG. Great addition to the team!

I'm also pleasantly surprised with Morris. He's been a great find as well. Losing Monroe's talent for nothing sucked but SVG and the team have done great in the bargain bin trades of flipping shit for better shit.

SVG is the man.
                                Yeah, SVG has done a helluva a job flipping the roster in a year when he had little to start with, including the albatross which they had to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X