Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need that 5 next year tho. Have to get him. Zimmerman or Stone or that Texas one.

Comment

• Yeah, landing a big-time big in 2015 seems to be the top priority in my book.

I think it's going to be tough to pry Zimmerman from the West Coast and I haven't heard that much about the pursuit of Stone lately.

I think a big help in recruiting is going to be Michigan making another good run in the NCAA's this year. Gotta at least get to the Sweet 16 to stay on the map. That or winning the B1G. Preferably both.
      Last edited by *JD*; August 1, 2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• You're right. Another great season will be important. Hopefully Mitch has the hunger.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          He's really either UM or Butler with some talking Indiana, it seems.
          UCLA is 100% in the mix, unless at the end he decides distance is too much. I think Indiana is out. Butler might be 3rd.

Comment

• Just read they hired one of his current coaches, so sounds like it now.

Comment

• What hack said, UCLA hired Blueitt's now former coach so they will be tough competition.

Comment

• One of those recruiting sites has a "Crystal Ball" feature and they have Looney as 100% dooook. That's ugly but it beats him picking spartie instead of the Maize & Blue.

Comment

• Kameron Chatman has named his top 5 and Michigan is there. He'll be in on his official for the ND game.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabwne0LItI"]Jonah Bolden Basketball 2013 mixtape Australian National championship - YouTube[/ame]

Who needs Looney? Aussie, but dad from Flint and played with Rice apparently. '14 kid.

Competition doesn't look great, but I guess he's been tearing it up this weekend at Adidas.
                    Last edited by The Oracle; August 4, 2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• And some other later emerging guys we're getting in on in addition to Bolden...

Michigan’s guard and wing priorities are clear with Devin Booker, Trevon Bluiett and Kameron Chatman. All three players are offered, priority recruits that are expected to take official visits to Michigan this fall and the Wolverines are in the thick of the race for each prospect. But with Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary’s likely […]

Comment

• Very impressive talent (Bolden), really likes M too. In the sense that he'll probably be around 3-4 years instead of 1-2 like Looney, is M better off with Bolden? Probably not as M needs 'quality' interior help very soon if McGary bolts but this kid looks like someone who might contribute as a freshman. Looks like a top 10 PF type to me...

M wants 2 'wings' in this class but I don't see them as huge as needs as some, they'd take any 2 of Booker, Blueitt & Chatman. I'd be content with just 1 as the current wings on the roster are awfully talented and young. Still, if M wants to compete for NT's, they need to stockpile top 20 and top 50 talent like their competition does in Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville, Indiana, etc.

Comment

• Nice. Glad to hear there are some post-Looney 4 prospects.

Comment

• Indeed. M will continue to be able to compete with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina and Louisville.

LMAO.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In all seriousness -- if you are indeed here for a dispassionate exchange of information -- what's Matta doing? I do not hear OSU's name in on a lot of prospects. Maybe I'm just not paying attention close enough. I know you have a four-star something incoming and two 3s, and Bates-Diop is in. I'd have expected Matta to reload by now though.

Comment

• I do not hear OSU's name in on a lot of prospects. Maybe I'm just not paying attention close enough
                                Ohio State's 2014 class is already stacked. Chasing on more big man, but it happens to be Okafor. If he and Tyus Jones are, indeed, a package deal, OSU is probably out. If they are not, OSU is in a good spot. I tend to think they are a package deal and they'll both go to Duke.

Currently they have:

D'Angelo Russell -- 5* SG
                                Diop -- 5* SF
                                Tate -- 4* SF
                                David Bell -- Program/3* C

Russell is more of a combo guard than pure PG. Tate can go 2/3. Matta will keep pushing big time for Okafor -- if they land him, it's the number 1 class and they're instant top 5 for 2015. Even without him, a great class.

In 2015, Carlton Bragg and Mickey Mitchell are likely Buckeyes, and they're in really good with a bunch of others.

In 2016, they're in good with VL King.

In other words, the Matta train, which needed no time to get on the tracks, keeps on chugging.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X