Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf86pApXnvI&feature=player_embedded#"]Bang Time: Glenn Robinson III - YouTube[/ame]!

Comment

• sheesh .. that kid is huge
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A more detailed clip of GR III's first game of the year. sparite recruit Gary Harris is #40 on the other team and 2013 Michigan verbal commit, Zak Irvin is #12:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EsP-lyYfg&feature=player_embedded"]Glenn Robinson III Drops 30 On Gary Harris & HSE - Game Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• He definitely looks like the next Big Dog...

Comment

• He looked good last year but he looks a ton better this year. I can see him being a bigger contributor than McGary, especially if Hardaway Jr. goes to the NBA, which I certainly hope doesn't happen.

I think it's more likely that Smot will lose some minutes and/or TH Jr. moves to the SG.

C Morgan or Horford
            PF McGary
            SF GR III
            SG TH Jr.
            PG Burke

That's a running team!

Comment

• Brundidge sighting with just under 12 to go in the half!

Followed by Zack with his first dunk in????

Comment

• oops! Wrong thread.

Comment

• Updates on Michigan's Basketball recruits for 2012.

Class of 2012

Nick Stauskas, SG
                  6-6, 200
                  Southborough (Mass.) St. Mark's
                  Rivals.com No. 79 senior Nationally

Stauskas broke his thumb Friday, Dec. 9, but that didn't prevent him from playing in a blowout win ? nor did it keep him out of a game the following night. Stauskas led his team in scoring in a pair of big wins that improved his Southborough (Mass.) St. Mark's team to 4-0.

Stauskas is averaging 21 points through four games. He scored 22 in a Dec. 9, 18-point win over Brimmer and May and 19 in an 18-point victory over Hamden Dec. 10, leading all scorers despite playing less than three quarters due to the lopsided scores.

Stauskas scored 17 in St. Mark's Dec. 14, 65-40 win over Lawrence Academy, posted 15 in a 71-55 loss to Tilton Dec. 16 and notched 19 in a 72-56 victory over Vermont Academy Dec. 17. He's averaging around 19 points per game for his 6-1 Southborough team and continues to play through the pain.

See below for video on Stauskas from a recent tournament.

Glenn Robinson III, SF
                  6-6 ? 205
                  St. John (Ind.) Lake Central
                  Rivals.com No. 34 senior Nationally

Robinson is averaging 22 points per game through six games. He scored 21 and added seven rebounds in a Dec. 9 win over Crown Point, approached a triple double with 16 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists in a 66-47 victory over Chesterton Dec. 13 and recorded 22 points on 6-of-18 shooting (9-of-15 from the foul line) in a come from behind, 66-60 overtime win over Merrillville Dec. 17.

The Indians overcame an 11-point deficit with three minutes to play in the latter to improve to 5-1.

"Our defense wasn't very good in the first half and they were making a lot of their shots," Robinson told NWITimes.com. "We were coasting. I told the guys in the locker room after the game that we can't expect to get down like that and come back.

"I had kind of an off night. I couldn't get the rolls. I've got to give them credit."

Robinson added 12 rebounds in the victory.

Head coach Dave Milausnic said after the Crown Point win Robinson was starting to mix well with his fellow Indians.

"We did some things better tonight than we did in our first three games," Milausnic said. "Glenn is starting to trust his teammates more, and that's good."

Lake Central improved to 4-1 Dec. 20 with a 53-49 win over Munster. Robinson made the free throw to clinch it but missed four fronts of a one-and-one in the fourth quarter. He finished with 13 points playing in front of his dad, former Purdue and NBA standout Glenn Robinson.

"We did what we had to do. I know I'll be in the gym (this morning) shooting free throws," he said. "I'll get it back.

Mitch McGary, PF
                  6-10 ? 250
                  Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy
                  Rivals.com No. 3 player nationally, No. 1 PF

McGary, playing on a loaded team, is working to back up his lofty ranking earned over the summer. Rivals.com's Jerry Meyer said after catching McGary in action earlier this year that he wanted to see more of him before committing to keeping him that high, adding that the big man would have to play better to remain among the top three players nationally.

But there's no questioning the effort. McGary scored 13 points in a 102-57 win over Rise Academy (Pa.) Dec. 5, notched 10 points and a game high 11 rebounds in a Dec. 9, 84-49 victory over MCI and helped Brewster beat Tilton 84-78 in overtime Dec. 10, nothing 11 points and nine rebounds.

Brewster stands 10-0 on the season and will be off until January 6.

Comment

• Michigan Basketball's future is looking very bright.

John Beilein is gaining respect from HS coaches all over the country. He's been a home run hire for Michigan.

Comment

• Amazing -- Bill Martin did a search and hired probably the best guy on the list. And it wasn't a choice everyone saw coming. One wonders if whether the process would have been any different for the football program if he had the same breathing space to operate in for that hire.

Comment

• Liney:

If Bielein is a "home run," does that make Matta a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th of Game 7 of the World Series?
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I suppose it makes Matta whatever you want him to be.

For Michigan, considering the status that we were in over the past 10+ years, Beilein qualifies as a home run. He's the right man at the right time.

Comment

• Those are some shockingly low expectations. Shockingly low.

Comment

• Not sure what you mean by that. I believe that Beilein is going to have Michigan back where we were under Fisher and the Fab Five without the "Martin" effect. We were perennial Final Four contenders. I think we're going to be there again in the next 2-4 years.

Comment

• I'm just saying -- he hasn't won anything in 4 years. 9-9 is the best he's managed to do in conference. And 1 win is the best he's managed in the tourney. Hoops programs can be turned around relatively quickly with, well, true "home run" hires (Calipari, Matta).

Beilein is a good hire. Certainly better than the garbage M hired before him. One good recruiting class isn't going to make M a "perennial" FF contender, either. And, frankly, the Fab 5 were the exception for M, not the rule. M hoops are ordinary. That has been the rule.

Personally, I like Beilein and I like the way his teams play the game. I enjoyed watching his teams when he was at M. I think he's a good coach. I still, very much, doubt his ability to recruit consistently, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X