Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh was it? I thought it was in reference to Meyer being involved in the violations when Kelvin Sampson was coach.

Comment

• Yeah Crean was blaming him for the misery that they suffered right after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        I hope it works for him and the program overall, but on the surface it's a very an unflattering mix of vague self-help industry bullshit and bitchy hints.
        Interesting. Like what?

His pregame speeches sound pretty awesome.

Comment

• Honestly, this in the hours after the in-home visit to Blackmon the other day:

It's been real... The most important players are the ones we have. #imtalkingaboutpracticenotthegamebutpractice pic.twitter.com/30dmkunVUp

I don't think that's appropriate! But, hopefully, it works out in the end. Presumably this is who he is on twitter, and it's not hurt us in the past...

Comment

• I have a twitter account, too, but honestly, I rarely bother looking at it. Maybe been on it once in the last 6 weeks. IMO 99.9% of twitter is a total complete waste of time, more than anything on the internet except maybe sports forums!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              OK, good for Grantham. So be it.

Decided to follow Bacari Alexander on twitter the other day so as to keep up with the news flow. That was a terrible decision. I hope it works for him and the program overall, but on the surface it's a very an unflattering mix of vague self-help industry bullshit and bitchy hints.
              I find him entertaining. He's corny but we've seen that in his pre-game speeches.

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out what value, if any, Twitter adds to society. As far as I can tell, it offers absolutely nothing but the most worthless and trivial of information, except in cases where somebody posts something without thinking and makes a fool out of themselves. The next time that a useful piece of information is exchanged on Twitter will probably be the first.

Comment

• Speaking of Twitter:

Chris Balas ‏@Balas_Wolverine 6m
                  Grantham to Clemson. D.J. Wilson is in AA now - expect him to be a Wolverine. Would have even if Grantham had pledged to U-M.
                  Expand

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    I'm trying to figure out what value, if any, Twitter adds to society. As far as I can tell, it offers absolutely nothing but the most worthless and trivial of information, except in cases where somebody posts something without thinking and makes a fool out of themselves. The next time that a useful piece of information is exchanged on Twitter will probably be the first.
                    Twitter has some useful info but not a lot. It's a lot like here (or any message board) but condensed.

Comment

• DJ Wilson seems like one of those Beilein "hidden gems". Rivals ranks him at #135, so he's above Doyle. Cal and Gonzaga are the biggest schools to offer him. My only issue with him is that people have compared him to Austin Daye. I hope that only is because of their physical similarities and their outside shooting and not because he too is mentally weak.
                      Last edited by *JD*; October 4, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• I'll gladly take the Austin Daye college player.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXoiod11jrw"]DJ Wilson 6'8.. C/O 2014 LENGTHY Guard.. Underrated! Junior Season Mix!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Twitter is absolutely wonderful if you follow people who have something to say. Or people who like serving in the town crier role. Following them saves you time and keeps you up to date and highlights good things to read. Doubly impactful if you're into things international.

In the sports world, was faster than watching the NBA draft on TV this year. Somewhat useful for recruiting if you don't want to wait for the blogs to pick it up. Then again, in the sports world you risk getting exposed to the tweets of these kids, and, perhaps, the heart on the sleeve of Coach BA, left hanging out there perhaps inappropriately.

Comment

• Agree Hack. It's all about following interesting people on Twitter and if you do, it's one of the most amazing things the internet has provided. Without Twitter, I wouldn't come across half of the interesting articles/blog posts that I do. Also great source for finding other interesting people to listen and interact with. And easily the best source of on the ground, first hand information during breaking news situations. Boston Marathon bombing was a great example of that. Way more interesting than any of the other social media sites.

Comment

• Yup, pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                                X