No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More notes from MGoblog regarding Dave Brandon's remarks to the Event Staff.

Brandon says that every suite and club seat is sold out, there are not 2 seats.next to each other remaining for any home game this year, and that they could have sold 175,000 tickets to the Notre Dame game. He guarantees that it will be the highest attendance at the Big House in history. He says 115,000 and that the Stadium will be bursting with fans. Special things planned for each game planned already: There will be flyovers, "special flyovers", a parachuter, fireworks, a tribute to Desmond Howard, a tribu te to Lloyd Carr.

DB says night game is a test and it's for the fans and players. A bad experience would make this the only night game. Good experience = a night game per year.

Regarding seas of opponents in the Stadium: look out for Nebraska. DB is working with the ticket office to" keep the red out". They are actually addressing this problem by tightening ticket channels. Liney's note: Just a thought here, Dave ... try going after season ticket holders who have a history of selling their tickets to visiting fans..... especially late in the season.... The technology is easily available to remedy this situation ... that is, if you really decide to get serious about this ... I'll believe you're serious about it when I see it ....
    Last edited by lineygoblue; July 24, 2011, 12:48 PM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• so what does that mean... they're going to buy up all the tickets on ebay or through tickmaster?
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• No but your season tickets next season might not be available if they find you selling them to people in Omaha, Lincoln.

Comment

• There lies the problem, Ent. There are so many season ticket holders who no longer come to the games, and only use their tickets to sell on those sites, and make a bundle of cash on the ND and OLieO games. There is no other way to explain why OLieO fans can come into the stadium, and plop their red butts into seats on the 50 yard line.

I believe "fans" like that should lose those tickets. So far, I appear to be in the minority. Brandon nor his predecessor did squat about it.

Comment

• At the Big Ten Athletic Directors Golf Outing in East Lansing today there was talk about making the Michigan v MSU game a "prime time" (read: night) game.

It won't happen this year, but both AD's were non-committal about the idea.

I think its a bad idea myself. I think the visiting fans trying to get to their cars after midnight in either city would have a hard time. I can't imagine trying to walk thru MSU's campus to the parking lots after a Michigan win in East Lansing.

http://http://www.detnews.com/article/20110725/SPORTS0201/107250390/Athletic-directors-discuss-chances-of-Michigan-MSU-in-prime-time

Comment

• I remember the '04 Halloween Triple OT game ended well after dark, what an electrifying atmosphere.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I can't imagine trying to walk thru MSU's campus to the parking lots after a Michigan win in East Lansing.

Or a Sparty win in EL.

Comment

• Pretty good article, a former safety engineer from Bell Helicopter involved in this study. Evidently the predominant helmet worn by NFL players failed the safety rating

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...y&sportCat=nfl

Comment

• Just saw a promo on TV indicating FX television station was going to televise a football game of the week beginning Sept. 3rd. Now maybe this has been going on for a long time but I guess it is the first time that I remember seeing the promo.

Comment

• Former Spartan Bubba Smith was found dead today at his home in California. He was 66 years old.

Bubba Smith was one of my favorite Spartans. Enjoyed his character in the "Police" movies he made.

Comment

• Just saw that too. I always liked him too. When I was little, he was one of those names that you just remembered, and used if you grew up in Michigan.......Spartan fan or not.

Comment

• I was quite the Spartan fan back in the days of Duffy Daugherty. If you were a kid living in Michigan in those days, you wanted to go to MSU and play for Duffy. He had that same identification that Bo had with the state of Michigan. When you saw Duffy, you immediately thought about Michigan.

Bubba Smith was an awesome talent. He had a great college career, and probably an even better NFL career. A guy who could rip your face off on the field, but yet be a real gentleman off the field. I really liked and respected the man.

Comment

• Repeat of a request from Forum Administration:

Paging Mr. Jeff Buchanan: Please give me a call on my cell phone at your earliest convenience. No emergency, .. just need info.

Thanks!

Comment

• Apparently, some teams are so desperate to sell football tickets, they're resorting to telemarketing. The article is actually kinda interesting, in a train wreck kind of way.

12 to 14 full-time staffers working on commission, each making 80 to 100 phone calls a day from a database of Georgia Tech-connected names in a wide-open space under the supervision of a manager. Get potential customers to talk about their love of the Yellow Jackets. Seek referrals and new leads. Above all, make sales — and get psyched about making sales. Every time a staffer makes a sale, they ring a bell. Staffers who don't ring the bell enough get fired.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• sounds like KU and Missouri when it comes to football tickets. Both are still advertising on TV and Radio about season ticket packages.

Comment

Working...
                                X