Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    crash:

hello

Leave a comment:

• crashcourse
    replied
    🇺🇸 Mike Davis 🇺🇸 on X: "Again: The Supreme Court will narrowly hold the President of the United States—any President—is immune from criminal prosecution for official (not personal) acts. Likely 5-4, if Justice Amy Coney Barrett joins the 3 liberals. Additionally or alternatively, the Court will…" / X (twitter.com)

he was a clerk for gorsich ​

listening to it live I thought trumps lawyer was outstanding whoever he was

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    They can really only address the issue before them, and on that front it's important they get it right for the long-term.

Leave a comment:

• Da Geezer
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's a really interesting argument. And if you're at all curious, the argument is both accessible to those w/o a law degree AND literally accessible on-line. You can read the source material. Or you can read someone telling you what to think the source material says. I mean, JFC -- would you take rely on ME??? -- on what I just wrote???

Read it.
    I'd rely on you to a degree. I'd like to read the NYT article that Jeff posted, though, to see what the left sees in this case (it is paywalled).

I do find it hilarious that the Government's attorney says that these prosecutions are valid because they are prosecutions. She claims that a Grand Jury is enough protection for an accused President and that an indictment shows guilt.

They will probably send the case back down, which seems the be the Roberts way. I wish they would address the lawfare that is going on in some way, even some dicta, saying Presidents have to be treated the same as other Presidents who have done a similar "crime".

What is now going on is the selective prosecution of a "target" who is pre-chosen by the far-left, Soros-backed, prosecutors while they are running for office.

Again, I bring up Gerald Ford. He was willing to sacrifice his presidency to try to heal the divisions in the country over Nixon. I think SCOTUS should be willing to take the political heat in order to try to make the country less divided over Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Tesla investors thrilled as Elon tells the world that climate change is commie bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    The death of a Dem Rep this week has the House at 217-212. Johnson's margin of error is back up to 2.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Among the changes described in the article involve Trump firing Powell before his term is up and giving Trump a vote on interest rate changes.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    Well I WAS going to make you a "special" liverwurst sandwich...but you can forget it now bub...

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    For god's sake, if THE_WIZARD_ hands you food and says "here, try this", throw it on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    STFU

Leave a comment:

Working...
X