No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key to making mashed cauliflower is draining it as much as possible after cooking it before you mash it up. If it has too much water it gets runny
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
      One Dem Senator is calling for Al Gropen to stay, more to follow.

because I'm good enough I'M smart enough and doggone it people like me

Comment

• My wife is trying to cut down on carbs and starches. Being pretty much anti-diet anything, I was pleasantly surprised to find that boiled radishes taste like potatoes, with a slightly different texture. Butter and salt or gravy makes them pretty darn good.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Pour water into a medium pot to a depth of 1/4". Add cauliflower and garlic and cover pot. Bring to a boil and cook until florets are easily pierced with a paring knife, about 8 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a food processor. Add milk, butter, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Pur?e until smooth, adding more milk if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with chives, if using.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            My wife is trying to cut down on carbs and starches. Being pretty much anti-diet anything, I was pleasantly surprised to find that boiled radishes taste like potatoes, with a slightly different texture. Butter and salt or gravy makes them pretty darn good.
            Most of the stuff that I have been posting (not counting the Thanksgiving stuff) Is lower/low carb. It is how I ate to keep my weight down before I retired.

If you make mashed cauliflower right, it is hard to tell from mashed potatoes.

I made stuffed peppers yesterday and used riced cauliflower instead of rice or bread as a filler. It was pretty damn good.

Comment

• Train derails in Washington and kills several. President Dipshit tweets not condolences or sympathy for the families' of the dead and injured, but why we should all get behind his yet to be introduced infrastructure plan. What an absolute ass-hat.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is a great low carb ketchup reciple. It is simple, taste like real ketchup and has about 2g carbs per tablespoon.

6 ounce can tomato paste
                10 ounce can tomato sauce
                1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons white vinegar
                1/4 cup water, or enough to get the right consistency
                1/4 cup granular Splenda
                1/2 teaspoon salt
                1/4 teaspoon onion powder
                1/8 teaspoon allspice
                1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
                1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
                1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

mix it all together and simmer for about an hour. It'll keep in the fridge for about two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Train derails in Washington and kills several. President Dipshit tweets not condolences or sympathy for the families' of the dead and injured, but why we should all get behind his yet to be introduced infrastructure plan. What an absolute ass-hat.
                  [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/942829676699021312[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/942840800853024770[/ame]

Comment

• Of course both of those came after he tweeted about his infrastructure plan.

Comment

• Wow. DJT is even more brilliant than I imagined. He must have literally just invented playing politics with a tragedy. Hopefully the left never figures this strategy out and appropriates it for their own.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, Trump's first instinct was "I can use this to help sell my infrastructure plan"

If 6 people had been killed in a mass shooting, btw, it would be considered 'politicization' to talk about changes to govt policy this soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Wow. DJT is even more brilliant than I imagined. He must have literally just invented playing politics with a tragedy. Hopefully the left never figures this strategy out and appropriates it for their own.
                            Everyone knows that opportunistically taking advantage of tragedy is a unique characteristic of the despicable prog Left. Saul Alinksy invented it in a 1968 book. Or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Everyone knows that opportunistically taking advantage of tragedy is a unique characteristic of the despicable prog Left. Saul Alinksy invented it in a 1968 book. Or something.
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-YuhFWCr4"]Rahm Emanuel "Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Wow. DJT is even more brilliant than I imagined. He must have literally just invented playing politics with a tragedy. Hopefully the left never figures this strategy out and appropriates it for their own.
                                fuckin' Trump
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X