No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Isreal utalizes armed teachers with great success. Difference is all of their citizens serve in the armed forces and know what combat is like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      hack:

The second amendment was enacted to allow the citizenry to overthrow the government if necessary. There was no other reason. In the Federalist Papers this is made clear. I'm sorry if this does not please the Progs, but our country was born in revolution, and those who pledged their " ...lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor..." wanted to keep that option open. I don't know why this is such a difficult thing to understand.

I've done a lot of thinking lately about the idea of teachers carrying concealed guns. I've also called friends from the Bureau. I don't think it is a good idea. No matter the training, there is a good chance that teachers might hit innocents with their shots from a .38 or a 9mm. Upon entering a building, the cos could well make a mistake and shoot a teacher. I think the better approach would be to have a metal detector and to check students as they enter the school. JMO.
      Difficult to suppress a smirk, but not difficult to understand. Also not difficult to understand what would happen should any group of citizens attempt to overthrow the government. Good luck!

Comment

• I think the last black friday sale enough AR15s were purchased to restock the entire Marine Corps.

Thankfully a group of ill equiped, vastly outnumbered American citizens never fought off the world's greatest superpower on the battlefield before.
        Last edited by Kapture1; February 26, 2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Shedding non deployables is a garbage policy.

Why? What little incentive for struggling soldiers to self report was just now shit out the window.

All the time/training/personnel devoted to resilience/suicide prevention just became nearly useless.

Ofc, will be spun as a step in the right fiscal direction, cause apparently civilian gatekeepers can identify the proper delineation of leeches and genuine sufferers of wartime trauma.

If it is an underhanded pursuit of rooting out transgenders, it would be a heroic counter weight to an inevitable inclusion.

I DGAF what rests between the legs. I've seen plenty of "men" incapable of pulling anything remotely close to their weight. There are shit bag women, men, and trans. Just as there are individuals in any identification that would smoke the shit out of anyone on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            I think Isreal utalizes armed teachers with great success. Difference is all of their citizens serve in the armed forces and know what combat is like.
            Israel is a poor, poor example to compare to the US.

Their cultural resiliency is light years beyond the US (you'd more than likely characterize this as complacency given how far beyond the fence you fall). Large scale, highly visible traumatic events occur in Israel: they clean up the organic and inorganic debris and conduct business the same afternoon. They are unphased by guerilla nature of the same attacks we lament/fester over for weeks to months.

Pulling that comparison out to make a case for American teachers being armed is hilarious.

Comment

• Geeze, which of the federalist papers are you referring to?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                hack:

The second amendment was enacted to allow the citizenry to overthrow the government if necessary. There was no other reason. In the Federalist Papers this is made clear. I'm sorry if this does not please the Progs, but our country was born in revolution, and those who pledged their " ...lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor..." wanted to keep that option open. I don't know why this is such a difficult thing to understand.

I've done a lot of thinking lately about the idea of teachers carrying concealed guns. I've also called friends from the Bureau. I don't think it is a good idea. No matter the training, there is a good chance that teachers might hit innocents with their shots from a .38 or a 9mm. Upon entering a building, the cos could well make a mistake and shoot a teacher. I think the better approach would be to have a metal detector and to check students as they enter the school. JMO.
                Great.

It is an arms race.

You've lost. Anyone who thinks their armory is comparable to the federal government/even some state police agencies that isn't the cartel is out of touch.

Please let me know when you guys got your HO satellites up and running/countered all NSA/homeland security assets/developed your own personnel sabot rounds, anti air defense for your militia compounds. Etc etc.

I think there are more effective defenses of the 2nd amendment than pretending we are keeping pace with an increasingly militarized state/fed.

All this being said on the brink of autonomous and weapon used surveillance. Shout out to kapture's prison planet. Which, only illustrates the confusion cause by kapture thinking it is all v. Left. There are three sides in your civil war blood bath fantasy, and you'll be getting your teeth kicked in way before enacting bloodlust on the docile hippies.

Comment

• ... Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it. Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it.

From Federalist No. 46

I have a feeling the same arguements were being made by the same cucks, just a different era. "You are delusional if you think a group of Americans could fight off the US Military" and the all so famous "the second Amendment wasnt meant to defend liberty against a tyranical government and standing army, it was for hunting (lulz)"
                  Last edited by Kapture1; February 26, 2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• It also makes clear that the right to bear arms is not as an individual but as part of a state militia....
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      It also makes clear that the right to bear arms is not as an individual but as part of a state militia....
                      Heller v DC disagrees with you completely

that aside, have you read US code on militias?

Between the ages of 17 and 45? If so, congrats, you are a member of the militia

Comment

• He's staying. Enjoying his coffee.

Comment

• Praise the Lord and pass the ammo!!

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It also makes clear that the right to bear arms is not as an individual but as part of a state militia
                            LOL. Scalia's opinion in Heller is dispositive in my book, both in terms of understanding the operative language, the prefatory language and the historical context of the prefatory language. All of which is fairly obvious.

The Constitution specifically enumerates that Congress has the power to organize the Militia. If 2nd A is construed giving operative force to the prefatory language then the Founders drafted and enacted a Right against the Federal Government that the Federal Government could disintegrate by not organizing a Militia. LOL.

Fortunately, the Constitution provides a clear process to cure artifacts of a bygone era. We've done it with income tax, suffrage, direct election of Senators, etc. The same process is available to the anti-gun folks. But, sometimes it's easier to ignore that process and let least 5 unelected, unaccountable folks legislate. I'm not a fan. YMMV.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• that aside, have you read US code on militias?

Between the ages of 17 and 45? If so, congrats, you are a member of the militia
                              Yeah, that's the weird thing. If this actually is all about "militia" then there's an argument that we get access to military grade shit. I mean, the idea of a militia in the 1790s was that you grab your gun and go serve on a moment's notice. You weren't actually in the militia until you were. Thus, individuals needed the individual right to own weapons they could effectively use on the battlefield.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the Viet Cong and the Afghanis have proven that an armed citizenry would be quickly overwhelmed by a much better armed military....

Wait a minute....
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X