Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Karma.
    The NIT is fun. Enjoy

Comment

• Now ask me if I give two shits about Nebraska hoops...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You should. It's waaaay better than UNL football.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• harsh, but fair

Comment

• just don't insult our volleyball
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              You should. It's waaaay better than UNL football.
              This sports season...yes. But then again so is volleyball, gymnastics, bowling, baseball, wrestling, track, badminton, tiddlywinks (ok it's a push on this one)...and I don't give two shits about those either.

FFF...Fear. Frost. Fuckers.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You mean Blond Cally? I'm gonna have to take a rain check on the fear thing for that.

Comment

• I can smell the fear...

:::revealing:::
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fear the 30 ft. bank shot
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's the Value City Arena?
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There used to be something called Value City in this area. It was a low-end ultra discount chain. I am assuming it is something different up there.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's a tattoo parlor in C-bus I believe
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "There used to be something called Value City in this area. It was a low-end ultra discount chain. I am assuming it is something different up there."

Same chain that OSU B ball arena is named after

Comment

• It's technically Value City Arena at the Jerome Schottenstein Center. It's most commonly referred to amongst OSU fans as "The Schott".

Schottenstein is an OSU alum and considerable donor. His group owns a several retail clothing chains and interest in others. I believe his family started Value City in Columbus a long time ago -- it's how they made their money. Around Columbus it was branded Schottenstein's.

I believe Value City is now defunct (and Schottenstein is dead). But, OSU's double naming homage to a huge donor remains. I would rate them maybe #2 or #3 for OSU donors -- a very, very distantly behind good ol' Les Wexner (L Brands Corp). He basically built the entire NE Ohio quadrant of Columbus and an entire town (now closer to small city) -- New Albany. His ruthless rule has yet to be flummoxed by a renaissance cooler with a moral compass and bad ass martial arts skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X