No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76Uack9TmQ"]Laimbeer's Foul on Kareem - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Well, duh.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• But, as mentioned, I'm sure you really enjoyed the unwatchably awful Buffalo-Jags game. Or even the defensive lockdown battle between Atlanta and the Eagles.

These two games were enlisted to prove the same point this morning. Now you're saying one was awful and the other compelling?

Comment

• WF, Wade taught LeBron a hell of a lot about manipulating refs. That's the NBA's big challenge.

Comment

• You may enjoy a 77-73 NBA playoff game, but I don’t. In the least.

Did you mean some? Under certain circumstances? Doesn't seem like there's room in this statement for what you are now saying has been your position all along.

Comment

• WAIT!!!! Something got fucking lost in translation here.

My post opined that the 2018 SB was an entertaining game.

Hack posted he didn't think it was, calling it boring basketball on grass and failing to display the athleticism of NFL players. Rules changes needed to be made to balance O/D

I posted comments about Amendola, Gronkowski, Graham, Blount and Jeffries. Very athletic and that athleticism was on display.

Hack posted some lame response about it's not hard for Gronkowski to run down the field 8 yards and run a fade route. I then asked what rules changes do you (hack) propose to change the game.

talent chimes in and says the game WAS entertaining and (I think it was him) added this was a game of scheme, coaching and execution or words to that effect but, it WAS entertaining.

The next thing I know we're talking about unwatchable basketball, Jordan, Lambier, the Pistons and then running video of classic flops. WOW, just WOW.

Look, I don't watch the regular season of Pro football because I think the regular season IS BORING with teams in nothing more than a risk nothing race to make it to the play-offs.

That game last night was a risk it all and the Eagles did just that in a remarkable display of great play calling and execution ..... Belichick has made money for Craft by being innovative and executing. He just got out coached and the Patriots were classically out executed.

Like I said, great game and highly entertaining. A great display of innovative X's and O's, blocking schemes, developing mismatches and precise route running by very talented receivers on both teams ...... that is if you are watching the game and not Justin Timberlake and the commercials for your entertainment.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, follow along. (Which is hard, because talent seems to be saying he hates all low-scoring basketball games although he likes some of them, and other things that must be unravelled for whatever reason).

But you're right -- it was a game of highly-trained professionals at the peak of their abilities going at each other. Somehow though, there are people who found it less than compelling. Maybe because there was no pass rush for all but basically one play, or because either defense hands down won a snap less than five times in the second half, but for many people the sum just isn't the parts. Everybody knew, and Collinsworth said plenty of times, that we were just waiting for one defense to cause a turnover and that would be it. Which is precisely how it went. There just wasn't any suspense. My position is that the offense/defense balance of power is missing in the NFL, and I think it's pretty clear that it is when the best defense in the league can't force a punt.

But it all went in those various ways because we started with an offense vs. defense proposition, and then moved on to a seeming acknowledgement that you can have interesting high-scoring games sometimes and boring high-scoring games, and that the same goes for low-scoring games.

Comment

• The Philaelphia-New Englan game was a ynamic contest ynamically playe in a ome in the twin cities...I on't know the last time I saw a game with such great efenses.

Sorry. There was no D last night so I left them out.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh and Talent is a ipshit...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      ........ There was no D last night so I left them out.
                      Well, you got the first part right (great game) but I didn't post it because you were probably driving when you texted that POS.

You rush 5 or more guys against TB throwing to arguably the best TE/WR combo in the league and you're going to get burned 8/10 times. Peterson didn't blitz early in the contest becasue Brady would have picked that act apart. He did bring on the dogs on the Patriot's last two failed possessions.

What he did is play a lot of zone and 2h S. For a while there, it looked like TB got flummoxed by that but he figured it out. His receivers ran under the zone coverage which is why both Amendola and Gronk had a couple of bliteringly wide open catches. That was a great punch-counter punch battle going on.

On the Eagles last possession, after the Brady fumble on a 6 man blitz that got Graham through BTW, Peterson got bold and not for the first time. Instead of trying to sit on a 1 point lead, instead of playing for a FG to make it a 4 pt game, he recognized that if he tried to do that, Brady was going to pull off his 5th SB comeback win.

With the Patriots playing bend but don't break D, Blount ran off some spectacular, all him runs. These were, for the pro game, unconventional play calls. Eagles lucked out on 3rd and something to extend the drive and then went on to score to go up 41-33.

Next, the Eagles kick it short risking good field position for Brady with just under a minute to go. Instead - great play - the returner goes down at the 9 trying to escape a killer down filed rush on the KO. Brady is good but not that good and he faced great pressure by the Eagles D on that last possession. Game over.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Most combined yards in an NFL game. Ever. Not Super Bowl. Not postseason. EVER. 1 combined punt. 1 combined sack. O/U was 48. Went 26 over the O/U. 26!

Tell me again about the great defense.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 95 some odd years of the NFL. Most. Yards. Ever.

Yep. Great D.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nearly double the yards of the AFC Title game. Almost double the NFC Title game in yards.

Great D.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A historically great offensive performance including the greatest QB of all-time and a Philly offense firing on all cylinders and, of course, it was all about how bad the defense was.

Wizard, hack, wingsfan and others also surely thought the USC-Texas game of the century was a boring no defense game.

In the meantime, there are utterly baseless assertions that rules changes have thrown everything out of balance. Well, baseless if you were going to base that assertion on scoring.

Comment

• Also,my apologies for referencing facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X