No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope. While that is a difference, the biggest difference is that Allen found success via his trades of draft picks for "seasoned" veterans, while (seemingly) everything Snyder does backfires.

Comment

• I don't think there's much question the Redskins overpaid for the privilege to move up four spots. But with Manning out of the picture(and not someone they could expect to be around for five-plus years anyway), the Redskins were in the position of overpaying for Griffin, overpaying for Matt Flynn(who they supposedly didn't want even if they couldn't move up), or signing a castoff QB and being adrift at the QB position for another year. This was the most attractive of those options, IMO. Plus, the Redskins project to be about $40 million under the cap come free agency. They'll be able to fix a few problems over the short term that way, if they're smart(and there's always the possibility that they won't be). They've always been able to sign(i.e., overpay) role players-- they've just not had the franchise player for those secondary guys to complement.

It's a big gamble for the Redskins, sure. I'm not a Redskins fan, so I have no rooting interest in justifying this-- in fact, I grew up disliking the Redskins, and I can't imagine rooting for anything associated with Daniel Snyder. But sometimes, when you've been mediocre to bad for as long as the Redskins have, and especially if you've been bad in a huge media market in which you're far and away the most important professional franchise, you've got to take a risk like this.

Comment

• It is a bold and risky move, and, even though I'm not a Redskin fan, I'd rather see them do well than most of their rivals in that division, especially Dallas. But Dan Snyder makes that difficult, as sometimes he comes off as almost as unlikeable as Jerry Jones.

I do like RGIII and hope he does well. Seems like a fine young man, very talented in so many ways, very high "upside" if he has the good fortune to be paired up with the right coaching staff. In a lot of ways, a bigger, stronger, more polished version of Denard.

Not sure that Shanahan is the kind of coach thats going to bring out the best from RGIII ---he seems to have had a cloud over his head for about 10 years or so.

Comment

• According to Profootballtalk.com, if Peyton Manning signs with the Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow will likely be on another team next season.

woot woot

Comment

• if Peyton Manning signs with the Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow will likely be on another team next season.
            .. as a running back or TE.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• who cares!

Comment

• I take it you're a Broncos fan?

Comment

• About the Redskins being smart with all their cap space...yeah, never mind. Now that big trade for the #2 pick looks even riskier, as the Redskins found a way to screw it up two years before making the pick.

Comment

• Calvin Johnson is now a very wealthy man...

Comment

• The Lions made the only move they could make. Otherwise, CJ goes to another NFL team and makes that much money, or more. And the Lions would have ended up with NOTHING, .. as they have so many times in the past.

The Lions may actually be on the way to becoming a real NFL franchise.

Comment

• In case anybody missed it, former Michigan OL Steve Hutchinson signed a 3-year contract with Tennessee. I'm sure the move was made at least partly in an effort to get Manning to join the Titans

Comment

• It was rumored to be part of their "Get Peyton" plan. I really don't see any other place that would be more fitting for him to wind up, for better or worse.

Comment

• I can JD, Denver Broncos. Get cum's choir boy tebow the hell out of there, that guy is the biggest joke of a QB.

Comment

• but ... he's "The Tebow" ....

Comment

• Peyton Manning to the Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X