Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would probably bet against 6-10 unless it turns into massively large class. The average is good but not great and it's unlikely to tick up much.

Also, FSU is going to blow by M as will Texas. I also think PSU will finish higher (the latter two schools aren't even mentioned by "Commenter Rob Pollard"). Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Oklahoma are certainties. Oregon -- great start. They're 4 less than M right now and could sign 4 tomato can 3* recruits and pass them.

And the likes of Auburn and/or Tennessee will also surely be in the "2nd Tier".

So, I'd say M tops out at about 9 and could finish as low as 16 or 17. So, I like saying 11-15.

That's how I see it as of July 2, 2018.
    Last edited by iam416; July 2, 2018, 12:21 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• could see M finishing around 8th with a very strong finish, not much potential to go higher... 9-16 range is a safe bet.

Comment

• Does the overall finish in recruiting rankings have a direct correlation, however you want to design the correlation, to getting into the final four? I'm fine with "second tier" 2019 class as long as M wins games and competes for a BT championship in 2018 and then continues to compete in 2019 and beyond.

I'm not sure that finishing behind whoever in the BT East with regard to recruiting class rankings is a strong predictor of getting into the final four going forward. Too many other variables, strength of schedule being one of them. There are a ton of ways to rank SOS and it's not a definite science. For 2018, I can't find a single raking where M is ranked below the B10E contenders, osu, PSU, MSU in SOS in 2018. So, pffft, if recruiting rankings are being viewed by anyone as a predictor of wins and losses in 2018 or 19.

Maybe I'm conflating 2019 recruiting class standings with potential for winning and maybe that's irrelevant to this discussion. But I don't know where class recruiting rankings play into win projections. They certainly don't for 2018 or 19 although highly ranked HS players coming in to a team that are ready, enroll early and can be impactful from day one might be.

I can see where teams that are going to compete for championships are going to build depth through recruiting and the more talented a team is by position, any way you want to look at talent, their likelihood of winning and competing for championship will likely increase. So, yeah, recruiting is important. But for evaluating win potential or designing power rankings for any given season I'd think recruiting rankings are way down the list of significant factors in that calculus.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harbaugh needs to double-up on the sleep overs and satellite camps..
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just a year or two ago, Penn State wasn't even in the same league as Michigan, so to speak. We beat them 49-10 in 2016, in a game that wasn't as close as the score (c: Last year they whipped us, but it's way too early to assume they've passed us. For all the talk of how we've faltered against MSU and OSU, our record against PSU in recent decades has been pretty damn good.

It's actually kind of cool that Penn State is good again. With Ohio State and Michigan, that makes the Big Ten East one of the premier divisions in the country. (I'm not ready to get too excited about Michigan State, only 1 year removed from 3-9 and in an institutional tailspin.)

Comment

• 3-9 was the exception for Sparty, they are good and really well coached...

They'll also play their best game of the season against us... Penn State lost a lot so they may take a step back for just one season but they'll still be one of our tougher opponents.

Comment

• Have an idea who the mystery 4 star commit tonight is? Keegan?

Comment

• Brian Cook has become such an asshole. He just put up a long piece about the mayoral race in Ann Arbor in which he endorses one candidate over another. His site, he can do whatever he wants to, but his is the first comment following the piece and he said...

"Just for the record anyone bitching about the fact this is not about sports is going to get banned. Get bent."

Of course, the rule about no politics on the blog still applies to everyone but His Highness.

This is consistent with the way he gets offended whenever anyone on the WTKA roundtable disagrees with him. He has become an insufferable dick.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; July 2, 2018, 05:02 PM.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Harbaugh needs to double-up on the sleep overs and satellite camps..
                    From Michigan better be awesome again, because the schedule certainly is --

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      3-9 was the exception for Sparty, they are good and really well coached...

They'll also play their best game of the season against us... Penn State lost a lot so they may take a step back for just one season but they'll still be one of our tougher opponents.
                      Nah. I think Dantonio's glory days are over. He's a good coach, but can't compete with Harbaugh and Meyer, in my opinion. He may never win another game against Harbaugh.

Penn State has Pennsylvania to themselves (like Ohio), so they'll probably return to respectability for the long haul.
                      Last edited by Detroit Dan; July 2, 2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        Brian Cook has become such an asshole. He just put up a long piece about the mayoral race in Ann Arbor in which he endorses one candidate over another. His site, he can do whatever he wants to, but his is the first comment following the piece and he said...

"Just for the record anyone bitching about the fact this is not about sports is going to get banned. Get bent."

Of course, the rule about no politics on the blog still applies to everyone but His Highness.

This is consistent with the way he gets offended whenever anyone on the WTKA roundtable disagrees with him. He has become an insufferable dick.
                        Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't live in Ann Arbor, and didn't feel the need to read his mayoral recommendation.

I listen to some of there audio discussions, and haven't yet found anything objectionable. But maybe if I listened more I would.

I have found the mgoblog makes being a Michigan fan a lot more fun, as does this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Brian Cook has become such an asshole. He just put up a long piece about the mayoral race in Ann Arbor in which he endorses one candidate over another. His site, he can do whatever he wants to, but his is the first comment following the piece and he said...

Comment

• Comment

• Brian Cook has become such an asshole. He just put up a long piece about the mayoral race in Ann Arbor in which he endorses one candidate over another. His site, he can do whatever he wants to, but his is the first comment following the piece and he said...

Exactly

I seen guys on Twitter saying they are done with him and a couple short back and forths with him saying something like "my site my rules".

Talk politics, (not a good idea anyway) but not enough of a man to take heat from the other position than yours. Yes he's is a Dick

Im glad I really never liked that place anyway. No loss on my part

Comment

• Dg1KMDWW4AAX0HZ.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X