Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian is at an inflection point, no doubt about it. Lack of professionalism exposed.

Dantonio on the other hand is not. Am sick of hearing how he's gonna fade away. I have learned not to count him out and there are tons of data points supporting that and very little left to suggest the opposite.

Comment

• You are correct !hack

Comment

• 4 Star Denver Warren Commits to Michigan!

Comment

• I wonder how big this class '19 is actually going to be? Something worth thinking about ...... by the time fall camp starts, M will be at the 85 scholly limit. I lost count but there were a whole lot more departures than I think anyone thought there would be. Not that I think class rankings mean shit (heh), sheer numbers may push M higher than the going numbers which seem to fall between #9 and #16. I don't follow the impact of all the variables involved in ranking a class so, I'll just let anyone that follows this more closely than I do tell us if a bump occurs just based on numbers.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, never mind ...... Warren is a 2020 commit.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 3-9 in 2016. Not an accident. Still had enough fumes to rebound last year, but that's it. At best, MSU will be 4th in Big Ten East going forward. Not a lot to like there for recruits, especially with the institutional problems which also touched the football program.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Brian is at an inflection point, no doubt about it. Lack of professionalism exposed.

Dantonio on the other hand is not. Am sick of hearing how he's gonna fade away. I have learned not to count him out and there are tons of data points supporting that and very little left to suggest the opposite.
                9 points in 2016 alone, including losses to Indiana, Northwestern, Maryland, and Illinois. The assault cases and decommits add a few more points. You don't see any points like that against Harbaugh. Michigan State just cannot compete going forward against Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame in its own backyard, and they don't have much of a national presence.

Comment

• On mgo ..... I rarely visit that site anymore as my first read. There are too many others that have very good M football coverage. The WolverineWire is good. Maybe I'll take a look if I want to confirm something from a second source but mgoboard is a vast wasteland of dumb comments and back-and-forths interspersed with a few good posts from poster I recognize as credible. I don't need it anymore than Kapture and GVT dueling each other and wasting key strokes in the process in our Miscellaneous and Off Topic Subjects thread. Awful.

Comment

• Warren is another example of Michigan winning a recruiting battle against the Spartans. 75% or more of those go to Michigan, because the Michigan program is more solid from top to bottom.

Comment

• Denver Warren looks to have a lot of potential. Has to change his body some, but he has size, quickness, and seems eminently teachable.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        3-9 was the exception for Sparty, they are good and really well coached...

They'll also play their best game of the season against us...
                        Mike Hart was essentially correct in that the UM-MSU relationship is big brother - little brother. Wm supports this by pointing out that Michigan State is focused on UM to the extent that they play better against us than they do against other teams. That's cool and adds to the fun. I'm a little brother and grew up with my older brother as a standard. Eventually I moved on, but I'm not a college sports franchise. MSU is not moving on -- the sibling rivalry continues to be a thorn in our side, but it makes us a better team as we realize that there is more to football than recruiting and national stature.
                        Last edited by Detroit Dan; July 2, 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Michigan - Ohio State is different in that Michigan was once the dominant team in this relationship. As Detroit fell from its boomtown position as the city that put the world on wheels, the University of Michigan has fallen from its perch a perennial college football powerhouse. Ohio State, on the other hand, is the sole collegiate football power in the economically and politically powerful state of Ohio. So Michigan is between a little brother that continues to nip at our heels, and another little brother that has surpassed us as a national football power.

All of this is nothing to be ashamed of -- friendly competition is good and our rivals are worthy. Both MSU and OSU deserve credit for what they have accomplished. On the other hand, Michigan under Harbaugh is a joy to behold. Harbaugh combines showmanship and down-to-earth love of football. Bring on the feisty little brother and the former little brother turned awesome national powerhouse.

Comment

• Post Script:

Alabama is not a natural football powerhouse. Obviously, the state is backwards ( Alabama Alum, please correct me (c: ) and football is one of the few opportunities for the state to shine. Looking forward, I would expect to see Georgia supplant Alabama as the number one football powerhouse in the south. There are too many Texas colleges for any one to excel, and Clemson is in South Carolina, perhaps the most backwards state in the country. Florida has at least 3 college football powers and thus there is no clear path for any one to dominate. Auburn is a legitimate competitor to Alabama in its own backyard. Nick Saban has little connection to Alabama -- there's nothing lasting in his success there. Georgia has the largest population and strongest economy in the region (outside of Texas and Florida), and therefore will eventually be home to the strongest college football team.

Just my opinion. What am I missing?

Comment

• Obviously, the state is backwards
                              Lmao

Comment

• Do go on...

Comment

Working...
                                X