Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think so, but I don't think Treadwell ever verbally committed to Michigan. He's one of 2-3 guys that Hoke was hoping to get to round out the '13 class.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• By the way, having Diggs on this team for the ND game probably would have made the difference.

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• WhoDean:

I thought Diggs was a bad apple, who even Urban stopped recruiting.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't rememberr Stefon Diggs even being realistically in the picture. Didn't we just not recruit him, period, because of character issues?

The guy I wish we had is Sammy Watkins.

Comment

• Yes and yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              I don't rememberr Stefon Diggs even being realistically in the picture. Didn't we just not recruit him, period, because of character issues?
              Well, here is a quote from Diggs from last Dec.

?I was going to go to Michigan, but as of now, I?m not sure,?
              At this, Hoke quit recruiting him.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• But later it became clearer that he was a character issue. Saying, "I'm not sure" wouldn't deter Hoke if he wanted Diggs. He was never a verbal.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He was a recruit. Recruits say a lot of stuff. At that point Diggs was one of those kids adopting the favorite-of-the-week sort of strategy, and the talk of him to Michigan was maybe about a month long or so? Treadwell on the other hand has been considered a guy likely to go to Michigan for a long time, but with some Oklahoma ties he wants to look into as well. Texas is the news here, and, well, that's obviously not as good news as hearing he's not adding another team to his mix. But clearly this situation is reminiscent of the Diggs one in no meaningful ways.

Comment

• You couldn't take anything Diggs said seriously. IIRC, he totally blew off M when they came to visit him. And Hoke was rightfully pissed and quit recruiting him. In tha scenario, not sure who quite recruiting who, but I feel fairly comfortable in saying Diggs was no lock to anyone.

UFM wanted him badly. But Locksley sold him on Maryland.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That was him? Yeah. Yeesh. Totally an Ohio kid of player, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You couldn't take anything Diggs said seriously. IIRC, he totally blew off M when they came to visit him. And Hoke was rightfully pissed and quit recruiting him. In tha scenario, not sure who quite recruiting who, but I feel fairly comfortable in saying Diggs was no lock to anyone.

UFM wanted him badly. But Locksley sold him on Maryland.
                        If he blew off Hoke then no wonder they quit recruiting him.

Major, major talent, though.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yeah, Diggs is ridiculously talented/blazing fast.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Treadwell has stated all along he wants to take these officials and he will. It's also worth noting he's wanting (and wanted) to take quite a few unofficials to M. I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else but anytime a kid goes to another campus, hearts can change.

Comment

• Here's hoping you are right WM, but this recruitment is reminding me more and more of Jordan Diamond every day...

With that said, if somehow M ended up with Green and Treadwell in addition to Morris, is that an unprecedented haul at skill positions for M? The #2 prostyle qb, the #1 RB, and the #1 WR?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• 1998 was the all time high. We got four skill players that year who would probably get 5* ratings today (Fargas, Henson, Terrell, Walker).

Comment

Working...
                                X