Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree re bird in the hand, but Dante Booker -- the consensus #1 in Ohio -- is in. Soon. Raekwon MacMillan -- definitely "in the bush" -- to carry on the analogy.

Last year, prior to Tressel leaving, Jaylon Smith and Derrick Green were presumed locks. A lot changed. Notre Dame did a great job with Smith and OSU dropped Green. Anazlone wasn't really on the map until he visited and, well, verbaled -- I don't think it was crazy to think he'd come to OSU at that stage. Foster is a weird story. I'd love to know what the real deal is with that. I think the kid may end up defaulting down to Pitt.

There are lots of examples of other locks who are, in fact, in. Booker will be in the class of 2014. Raekwon and/or Clifton Garrett? I like their chances at getting at least 1 of them. JMO.

On M's side, I'm sure they have a number of kids they feel very good about for 2014. It's certainly not impossible to peer into the future.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No doubt Meyer will bring in highly ranked classes, but it's nice to see the inroads that Hoke continues to make in Urbie's backyard. That's something Rodriguez certainly could not do. It's not quite akin to what Dantonio did while RichRod was in AA because Ohio has more players to choose from than Michigan, but it still has to bother the osu faithful to see so many boys headed north. An extra bonus is the passion which they'll bring to the annual third Saturday in November showdown.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Obviously, you can't keep them all in-state. Tons will leave. But Hoke has definitely done a great job of re-asserting M primacy in Ohio over all other non-OSU schools. That, and being good enough for Michigan kids to consider again, is a huge, huge step forward.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If he's the #2 player in the state, talent is definitely underplaying it. More evidence is the gusto he brings to the act of underplaying the significance. But, agreed -- Meyer's gonna recruit too. Very well, at least until the investigations begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Meyer's gonna recruit too. Very well, at least until the investigations begin.
            Not as long as Mark Emmert can stop them from going anywhere.

Comment

• Remember only 20 months ago, when we'd routinely go up against Sparty head-to-head for guys...and lose?

Comment

• From Genuinely Sarcastic:

Since June 10, 2011, basically 14 months, Brady Hoke has landed eight players from the state of Ohio who held Ohio State offers:
                1. 2012 DE Tom Strobel
                2. 2012 OL Kyle Kalis
                3. 2012 DE Chris Wormley
                4. 2013 S Dymonte Thomas
                5. 2013 LB Mike McCray
                6. 2013 RB Deveon Smith
                7. 2013 LB Ben Gedeon
                8. 2014 LB Michael Ferns
                In the previous TEN classes COMBINED, from 2002 to 2011, Michigan landed seven (7) players from Ohio with OSU offers:
                1. 2003 LB/DE Shawn Crable
                2. 2003 S/LB Prescott Burgess
                3. 2004 DE/TE Mike Massey
                4. 2005 WR Mario Manningham
                5. 2006 OL Justin Boren
                6. 2008 TE Kevin Koger
                7. 2009 DB Justin Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                  Here's what a M scholarship offer looks like

I think this is an NCAA violation. Recruiting materials cannot use more than two ink colors. Unless they've changed the rules lately.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Remember only 20 months ago, when we'd routinely go up against Sparty head-to-head for guys...and lose?
                    I remember going up against Louisville, Rutgers and Northern Illinois and losing ....
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• re: Michigan Offer Letter

It's possible that it's only using 2 inks but with varying levels of the two inks. Hard to tell by this image. Most of the colours in the letter could be made with a maize and blue ink. And the white is just a cut out, not printed.

It's more likely the rule has just changed though.

Comment

• No doubt Strangelove will jump on that one in hopes of creating equivalence...

Comment

• Is that a real rule? That's got to be one of the dumber ones I've heard, if that's legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            Is that a real rule? That's got to be one of the dumber ones I've heard, if that's legit.
                            In case you've forgotten, the NCAA specializes in Asinine...

Comment

• Probably have Gary Bettman behind the scenes on the rules committee as well.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• You guys can't recognize sarcasm when you see it. Well done, Entropy!

Comment

Working...
                                X