Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But not a one of those 12 wins meant squat. Your mighty team was rightfully sentenced to watching the bowl season on television due to their love for breaking the rules.

Without Saint Jim's insistence on breaking the rules, that 12-0 team would have been in Miami playing Alabama for the national title instead of Notre Dame. But, hey... that celebration of Saint Jim's tenure during the Michigan game certainly made up for that, right?

As for Michigan's receivers, if they can get open and hang on to the ball when its put in their hands, I'll be satisfied. And getting open doesn't always depend on speed.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's not just bullshitting -- he'll happily deal with the lack of a bowl. He gets the bragging rights that come with going undefeated and he traded up coaches to somebody who can do better during bowl season. This couldn't have turned out better for OSU.

Which makes you wonder how hard the fall is going to be, when it happens.

Fucking Borges. Coulda pinned a loss on those fucks if he wasn't such a Borges.

Comment

• Oh, I agree Hack.

ohio showed that you can break the rules, and come out ahead.

They actually improved at the HC level, and have used that star quality to dazzle impressionable young men to convince them that their futures in ohio are better than in other places.

We can only hope that sooner or later, right prevails over wrong. In today's world, I have less and less hope of that with each passing day.

Comment

• Oh. they mean something. 26-21. That means something. Return to normalcy. Sorry, Liney. And, again, kudos on nailing how dominant UFM would be at OSU. Well done.

Buchanan:

Different philosophies acknowledged. M has put together a great "power running" recruiting class(es) for 2012/2013. I think that is enough to beat most teams they play. I think to beat OSU, they're going to need to be able to stretch the field a bit and have their WRs beat man coverage. That's what I see coming down the pike. IMO, M will need to force OSU to take a player out of the box or at least play softer.

Defensively, M needs to have back 7 players that can run.

From OSU's perspective, they needed to match M's strength, and I think they have with really good DL and LB recruiting. Hell, throw in the secondary, too. OSU's DL talent has to match that which M is accumulating on the OL. Offensively, OSU needs speed, speed and more speed to make the UFM/Herman offense go. Elliot at RB (and Dunn as the power guy) and Marshall and Wilson as big-play "slash" type WRs are a good start.

On one side of the ball, I see the war waged between the tackles. On the other side of the ball, I see huge pressure on the edge, though UFM did run gads of power this year. That was likely out of necessity.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jon Reschke, why didn't you choose osu?

Worst recruiting experience: Before I committed (to MSU) I took a (unofficial) visit to Ohio State and met the new coach (Urban Meyer). He seemed kind of arrogant. He showed me his (championship) rings. And he said to me he wanted me to be a part of it. But he didn't offer me a scholarship. I thought that was strange.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Oh. they mean something. 26-21. That means something. Return to normalcy. Sorry, Liney. And, again, kudos on nailing how dominant UFM would be at OSU. Well done.
              You won 12 games in a meaningless season. No reward. No nothing. Instead of playing for the national title in Miami, your boys sat at home and watched teams like Minnesota and Northwestern play in bowl games. Congratulations.

You beat a 8-5 Michigan team by 5 points at home, with a quarterback who had five (5) games under his belt. Please continue thumping your chest over that one. Its not a problem for me. I'm looking forward to November.

And as for my statement of Mr. Meyer, .. meh. Even a broken clock is right twice per day. I doubt that you'd wager any serious money on most of my predictions, right?

Comment

• even LLLLLLLLLLLLLLoyd Carr could beat Meyer (even with teBlow) ... sad, Hoke hasn't done the same.... yet.

Meyer's only loss in a bowl game ...... to Meeeeeechigan..... and no sorry DSL, this is not ancient history.

Comment

• You guys fight like girls.

I was at that game.
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 12, 2013, 01:16 PM.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Kate dancing over at mgoblog. Verbal from DT Bryan Mone out of Utah.

Comment

• Class 2014, between 14-16, wtf? Why? RR demons need to be exercised and no excuses for Hokanderthal.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Bryan Mone DT commits to the Wolverines, was a visitor in the fall and had M as his favorite. Don't know where he ranks but at the time he was thought to be a top 150 type talent. With Poggi, Hurst, Pipkens, Willie Henry, Wormley, etc; M is doing quite well with DT recruiting.

Comment

• yes, but we still want McDowell and Hand (very low chance, in my estimation) in the worst way. But you are right, Hoke is locking down Plan B in case Plan A continues to fall through.

WM, who are the WR's we are targeting for 2014 .... we've got to land some elite speed WR's

Comment

• Is there a nose tackle type candidate on the radar too? There's some need there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              Bryan Mone DT commits to the Wolverines, was a visitor in the fall and had M as his favorite. Don't know where he ranks but at the time he was thought to be a top 150 type talent. With Poggi, Hurst, Pipkens, Willie Henry, Wormley, etc; M is doing quite well with DT recruiting.
                              4 star, no 172 overall at Rivals per Twitter.

Comment

• McDowell is a 5-star type talent that is a DT that is explosive and athletic enough to play SDE, he's the most important recruit in this class imo. He could play any of the interior DL positions...

Hand's got a long way to go in his recruitment, M is solidly in his top 5 (for now) but it's going to be a long time till we know where he's leaning...

After Drake Harris, M is in on Artavis Scott, Corey Holmes. Realize it's VERY early for national recruits who've likely yet to step foot on campus. It's even very early for midwest kids who're still very early in their recruitment. We'll know more after who shows up for junior days this early spring, coaches are still even evaluating recruits on who to offer.

Back to Harris, he might be #2 in terms of most important recruit in this class. He's at a position of need and M has to keep him from heading to their rivals, whether that be OSU, ND or MSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X