Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew David K for class of '15, M's first offer to a kicker in awhile. For awhile felt the staff was going to rely on walk-ons for the K/P spots.

Comment

• Matt Wile isn't a walk-on but he's a Junior-to-be, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Runyan Jr. will likely commit to M and it could be soon; he's class of '15 and I probably won't talk much about the class of '15 till January other than maybe some of the elite recruits.
        Good call. He apparently committed this morning.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Runyan Jr. was pretty transparent that he loved his visit and M was his dream school. Certainly needs to add size but he's got many years to bulk up. It's currently June '13. He'll step on campus first in '15 and likely redshirt. Won't play his first game till August '16 if he redshirts as expected. OL for '15 could fill up very quickly, seems M is in on a lot of OL that are already very interested.

Comment

• Is Runyan thought of as a future Top 100 or Top 150 guy?

Comment

• Not sure but M coaches saw him at camp and offered.

Comment

• Apparently the commit is official.

Comment

• I like this early commitment of Jon Runyan Jr. Although it sounds like a bit of a risk with two full H.S. seasons to go before he can sign the LOI, the biggest question mark is whether the kid continues to grow physically. Most of the "experts" think its very likely that, at his age, he'll add on a few more inches of height; the weight can be added in the training room and at the training table.

After reading up a bit on him, it sounds to me like he already is far ahead of most kids his age with his footwork, athleticism, and technique. In that sense, I see some similarities with the recruitment of Patrick Kugler----both Kugler and Runyan had the advantage of early expert guidance on the technical aspects/skills of playing OL(Kugler's dad coaches it in the NFL, Runyan's dad played it in the NFL).

Add to that the "legacy" aspect, as a son of a great former U of M player, then top it off with Runyan Jr. stating that this is his "dream school", the school he has long wanted to play for---I think it adds up to a high likelihood that Runyan turns out just fine for the Maize and Blue.

Comment

• Artavis Scott to decide at Opening (June 30th - July 3rd); between M, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, UCF & Ohio.

Comment

• You mean, Florida, FSU and Clemson.. ;)

Comment

• or Clemson & Clemson...

Scott not coming up for the BBQ, which he previously said he was going to, says everything about M's chances. That and Clemson believes he committed this past weekend.

Comment

• He's lazy anyway! /buckeyes
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Wilton Speight: @GeorgeCampbell0 dude I've got a feeling @tayscott7 is about to join the group chat for good. Wanna speed things up and join too?
                            At some point, Wilton Speights' twitter should replace all UM's recruiting services...... Unless this means nothng and Scott actually goes to Clemson.
                            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• well if that is his real twitter account, it definitely flies in the face of all the recent news.

Why would he cancel his trip to the BBQ if he is Blue?

I think he is sailing on the same WR ship as SuccessfulQuon ... another guy we thought was in the bag, but got wrestled away.

Comment

• He's going to Clemson or Clemson...

Comment

Working...
                                X