This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Incorrect. Goes to Peru every summer as a missionary.
    Don't believe it!

It's just another Harbaugh ruse for scouting the football talent in Peru. The practice will soon be banned by the NCAA.

Comment

• It's just another Harbaugh ruse for scouting the football talent in Peru. The practice will soon be banned by the NCAA.
      And its a good thing. Peruvian football talent is at a premium nowadays.

Peru State Head Coach Miguel Estdantonio feels disrespected by the recruiting antics of Harbaugh
      Last edited by lineygoblue; April 13, 2016, 05:37 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ha, Purdue... recruiting... advantage. (For Football)

Said no one ever.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Have some respect ok? The man's name is Marcos Estdantonio.

Comment

Incorrect. Goes to Peru every summer as a missionary.
            Originally posted by BlueInFlorida View Post
            Don't believe it!

It's just another Harbaugh ruse for scouting the football talent in Peru. The practice will soon be banned by the NCAA.
            Hilarious
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Have some respect ok? The man's name is Marcos Estdantonio.
              I figured you'd catch that one Hack. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Some of the stuff he does is pure gimmick, it keeps him in the news. The Brian Cooks of the world will herald it as innovative and hard working. Some of it seems more like something an insurgent program would need to do. Harbaugh is a big name at a blue chip program that is 90 percent of the heavy lifting.
                I don't think JH is going for gimmicks ... it's just that the press is just fascinated by him and chronicling his every move. So what that he took his shirt off or climbed a tree ... why should the press be so obsessed.

I believe this a press problem, not a JH problem.

Comment

• I would imagine all the "great " coaches have had times when they step out of character a bit, but yet the press doesn't report that.

Comment

• You set it up well...

Comment

• The more I think about Dylan McCaffrey and his awesome genetic make-up, the greater he becomes in my mind. What a prize! It'll be nice watching him and DPJ wrecking college football defenses. All aboard the "way too early" hype train.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0MiVjitccnE[/ame]
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Are we feeling that strongly on DPJ
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Are we feeling that strongly on DPJ
                          Not really. I do like the fact his mom is pulling for satellite camps so hard. It'll be tight going down to the wire with Alabama and OSU. In the end, I think he's a wolverine because of location and family ties...but then again I thought that about Weber..
                          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            FTR, the B10 was only P5 conference that voted against the ban. It was introduced by the ACC and SEC, but it would have failed if the B12 and P12 voted against it. They did not.

I hate to predict that the NCAA will act rationally, but I could see this rule modified to allow non P5 coaches to attend P5 camps or to allow X number of satellite camps. Something that will conform to the years upon years of standard practice before HARBAUGH!!!!! went extreme.

However, the rule is not going back to a place that will permit "The Swarm".
                            and the Big12 voted against it because Texas still runs that conference. OU/KSU/ISU/TT were not fans

In the PAC, USC and UCLA didn't want it so they said no. WSU obviously wanted them.. I bet OSU did as well.. I'd imagine even OU would want to visit California.. and I'd even suggest schools like Cal would prefer spending time in LA rather than being limited to just SF..

What I'm suggesting is these conferences voted for a few schools rather than their conference members.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• talent.. the camps restrictions are a big deal to schools like Nebraska. There are many rules that hurt schools in less populated areas (no more partial qualifiers, parents tickets not paid for on recruiting visits, use of only public airlines, etc..).. this is just one more.

I'd suggest schools like KSU or Nebraska are ultimately more valuable than UCLA to the NCAA outside of everything but TV contracts (and Nebraska might still win that one)... but rules suggest the NCAA believes otherwise.
                              Last edited by entropy; April 14, 2016, 11:44 AM.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Well, the commissioners are presumably the representative of conference members. If they're voting against the wishes of their conference, then they ought to face repercussions.

But, nonetheless, the B10 was the only P5 conference to vote against the ban.

And no one in this conversation actually cares about "the kids." It so happens that satellite camps are good for kids. But, if banning them benefited the B10, then that's how Delaney would have voted.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X