No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be glad to see the NHL not in the Olympics anymore. The games aren't fun to watch and I find the notion of a guy who has spent his entire adult life in the US to be a "Russian" for three weeks to be laughable.

Comment

• Damn Packfan, you watch a lot of TV. LOL

I think ESPN was just awarded the 2016 WC broadcast rights in US recently. A return to hockey for them, I say fuck them. I have boycotted them for years TV website, the whole shebang.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan
        The ass wipe even wants to add more teams, and if you have DirecTV (like I do I) I have the choice programming with 2 DVR's (living room/bedroom) which is around $100 a month. Then I have Netflix for my movies and television shows (mostly watch on my tablet).

NBC Sports is not on that package. Detroit Fox Sports only covers the first two rounds of the Red Wings, so if they go past that I have to upgrade my package for only one F' ing channel. Still, depending on whos still playing I usually do it anyway the last few years to watch the finals.
        WinsFan, I'm responding to this in the miscellaneous thread. Also, fuck Bettman.

Comment

• Packfan will never get old ... :-)
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Speaking of McDavid his numbers in the OHL are superstaresque. Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47*games, oh yeah he missed 2 months with a broken hand. LOL

Pretty Elite company.
            McDavid ends his final OHL season with a 2.55 PPG. Crosby had 2.7 PPG in his final season of junior. Lindros was 2.61 in best year.

GoPro...Crosby mad skills...anyone that has ever played hockey realizes what it takes just to skate, pass, shoot and check while playing the fastest game in the world would have to crown him the greatest athlete in civilized sport.
            [Youtube]cntwxqK_kwc[/YouTube]

Comment

• Check?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Check?
                No Mike, I meant the skill set required to play hockey at the highest level.

Mind you, Secretariat never pulled a plow either.

Crosby's puck possession time is among the highest in the League. A good defense is the best offense I always say.

However Pens new coach Johnson has the whole team focused on playing 200 ft, hence the tight NHL scoring race this season. Doesn't help when you've missed 6 games with injury, Malkin missing 1/3 injured, Latang in the hospital with a concussion and linemate Dupuis missing the entire season on IR but the Kid soldiers on, carrying the entire team on his back.

Doesn't matter Pens will collapse in the playoffs again this Spring anyway, not built for the grind. If your goaltender can't steal a few games it is over. I expect the Rangers, Isles or even dark horse Caps to come out of the East. Hopefully the Bruins fail to make the playoffs LOL.

Comment

• Wow. That's a cheap shot. Manning didn't deserve that. I almost feel sorry for him.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Lol!

Comment

• Manning wishes he had hair like that.

Habs coming out of the East?

Comment

• I still go with the best goalie in the playoffs. That's the Rangers and Bruins in the east.

Comment

• Yeah, LA on their first Cup run made the playoffs on the last day of the RS. 8th seed in the West never won it before, Quick shut the door and it was over.

Anaheim and Nashville look good in the West, Kaneless Chicago still has teeth too.
                          Last edited by Prime2; April 2, 2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• At 95 points apiece the Wings and the Pens may still not make the playoffs, unreal.

Equally nuts, the Oilers have the Pens first round draft pick which will give Edmonton 2 cracks #1 Conner McDavid in the draft. LOL
                            Last edited by Prime2; April 6, 2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• The Wings have completely gone to shit since the trade deadline.

Comment

• Having two goalies that can't stop a beach ball will do that. It's really a bummer because the team as a whole is very competitive but you only go as far as your goalie can take you. It's like Devin Gardner is between the pipes.

Comment

Working...
                                X