Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually thought of you when I wrote that. Nebraska had a textbook issue, too. They were treated a bit more fairly. And that's the real issue with the NCAA: disparate investigations and penalties due to short-term COI appointments who feel no need to look at precedent or develop some unified system or general guide of appropriate punishments.

They preach self-reporting, but it's usually the biggest lie in world. We could have quietly fixed the computer glitch and be able to count 21 more wins right now.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I can't wait for the season to start. We are spreading way too much bullshit out of boredom.

I was anxiously awaiting those teams with 50-59 wins

Comment

• I only included teams with 70-79 wins over the last 10 years out of pity and that was bad enough. Doing so made me feel like I was critiquing the technique of a Special Olympian. No way would I go to the next lower group.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Nick Saban in 11 years at Alabama vs rival conferences:

vs the ACC: 7-2 (losses: 2007 vs FSU; NC game vs Clemson after the 2016 season)
          vs the BigTen: 6-1 (loss: CFP vs Ohio State after the 2014 season)
          vs the BigXII: 3-1 (loss: Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma after the 2013 season)
          vs the Pac-12: 2-0

Nick Saban in 11 years at Alabama vs rival P5 overall: 18-2 (.900)

vs CUSA: 6-0
          vs the MAC: 2-0
          vs the WAC: 1-0
          vs the SunBelt: 9-1 (loss vs LaMonroe in 2007)
          vs the MWC: 3-1 (loss vs Utah in the Sugar Bowl after the 2008 season)

vs G5 overall: 21-2 (.913)

Nick Saban in 11 years at Alabama vs the SEC: *88-14 (.862 - *includes SECCGs and NC game vs LSU, and deducts wins due to vacated games as a result of the textbook scandal)
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 6, 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Nick Saban was 0-2 versus Tom Osborne. Bitch slapped both times. Combined scores 105-24.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JFC, The Nick lost to MONROE not Tech. LAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiz:

STFU
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Good catch, Talent.

Wiz, Saban never lost to Osborne at Alabama. Never.

Comment

• What's Michigan's total wins if vacated ones are added in?

Comment

• Unfortunately, Jalen Hurts has realized that he's lost the starting job and is going through Kubler-Ross.

"No one asked me how I felt." You should feel like you lost the starting job and you want to get it back.

Jesus, if you could throw a downfield pass Tua wouldn't have taken your job. You can't, he can.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jalen is set to graduate in December. I think he sticks it out and does a grad xfer to Texas (or someplace).

Peace be with him. He lost the job fairly to Tua just as he won the job fairly from Blake Barnett.

Comment

• But Blake Barnett sucked.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Blake was still a better down-field passer than Jalen.

The thing about the Tua-Jalen controversy is that it's not a controversy. Tua was outperforming Jalen in practice by game 6 in 2017. Jalen's struggles increased as defenses made him throw the ball. The the NC game and you hoped that Jalen would rebound but he had an awful Spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Blake was still a better down-field passer than Jalen.

The thing about the Tua-Jalen controversy is that it's not a controversy. Tua was outperforming Jalen in practice by game 6 in 2017. Jalen's struggles increased as defenses made him throw the ball. The the NC game and you hoped that Jalen would rebound but he had an awful Spring.
                              Agree. Rumor had it that many inside the program favored Tua last year. He is the clear choice this year.

Barnett may have been the better passer, but Hurts was so athletic. I think they hoped that he would turn into a better passer. He didn't. And he got beat out by a passer that is maybe as athletic or even more so.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think what hurt Jalen's feelings the most is that #3, Mack Jones, is really the #2. He had a much better Fall and Spring than Jalen, too, and unless we're giving seniority points had probably earned the back-up role.

Comment

Working...
                                X