Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumblings yesterday of pending action by osu regarding tressel. One source was a short blurb on ESPN Sports Center and another from a Rival's poster claiiming a "friend who works in osu's AD" said ......

.... both tressel and smith are going to be dismissed. Delay involves contract interpretations from both sides.

This has come up before with nothing coming of it so, TIFIW. I'm not endorsing either source.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trying to be completely unbiased, the best thing OSU could do is to fire everyone involved and hope the NCAA accepts forfeiting the 2010 season as the only punishment against the school. Then they can make some fake show with the new coach about how everything is going to be above board and honest, and they are back to business as usual.

As a Michigan fan, what I hope they would do is fight tooth and nail to keep Tressel and dare the NCAA to crush them.

Comment

• The problem with that, Jamie, is that the dare comes with almost certain knowledge that the NCAA won't do anything else beyond what osu has already imposed.

Probalby a game of Chicken. Auburn has fared well so far doing that. There was probably enough evidence to declare Cam Newton inelgible; Auburn didn't act and let him play, the NCAA didn't do anyting to stop that and may not do anything further.

I think it's pretty clear the vest bet that even if the issue did come up, nothing much was going to happen and that may indeed have been a decent bet.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 5, 2011, 01:15 PM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• But usc didn't fair well with the reggie bush affair. I feel that usc is paying really close attention as to the outcome of the osu scenario. If this is not handled well by the ncaa, s#$t will hit the fan.

Comment

• USC/Bush was an entirely different matter.

(a) USC's AD, Mike Garrett, basically said F U to the NCAA; they were uncooperative from the start. The NCAA acted accordingly.

(b) Carroll bolted before the NCAA could do anything about it with a Show Cause letter and he was released by USC with a hug and a kiss .... clearly Garrett was saying farewell and good luck; we loved you while you were here and in your face NCAA.

Comment

• USC's AD, Mike Garrett, basically said F U to the...

That's what saint jim has been saying to them since youngestown, only a little more diplomatically.

Comment

• smoke is turning to fire ... this is what we all suspected anyways.

As part of his punishment for not revealing his knowledge of his players' NCAA violations, Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will attend a five-day compliance seminar in June in Tampa, Fla.

Comment

• I saw that this morning, too, Blue.

I still just have that feeling that somehow, osu will wriggle out of most of this. I honestly can't see how they will, but I just have that feeling.

Comment

• If it were Michigan, we'd already be penalized scholarships and post season play.

But since its Tressel and Gee ... and their buddies are doing the investigating, they'll just wait until the furor dies down, and do nothing.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                      I saw that this morning, too, Blue.

I still just have that feeling that somehow, osu will wriggle out of most of this. I honestly can't see how they will, but I just have that feeling.

When you've been a pig in shit for your whole life, you learn to maneuver about.

Comment

• MC was correct about everything it appears.

Comment

• Too bad somebody got to him with some hush money.

Comment

• From dr saturday:

Ohio State embarks on another used-car drama: A brief history

o-lie-o sure has alot of "mentors". It sure is interesting that these situations are all coming up now with the compliance office seeing that everyone outside of o-lie-o has had suspicions all along. The way this s#@tfest is going osu might not even be able to field a team this season. Can't wait for the next shoe to drop.

Comment

• We are resilient. This too we shall overcome. Prepare for November 26

Comment

• While the NCAA is "in the neighborhood", as stated in the article, ... they should put put Maurice Clarett under oath, strap him to a lie detector, and use a cattle prod to shock him in the nads every time he lies. The cattle prod thing would be for entertainment purposes.

Sounds like O-lie-O has its own Ed Martin.

Comment

Working...
                                X