Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is what you take from that?

This is the part that is most relevant and more than a bit disconcerting by far:

Donald Trump celebrated Sunday that his campaign to delegitimize the free press is working.

The president touted a Politico-Morning Consult poll published last week that found 46 percent of registered voters believe major news organizations fabricate stories about him. Just 37 percent of Americans think the mainstream media does not invent stories, while the rest are undecided. More than 3 in 4 Republicans believe reporters make up stories about Trump.

“It is finally sinking through,” the president tweeted.

The first rule of propaganda is that if you repeat something enough times people will start to believe it, no matter how false. Trump uses the bully pulpit of the presidency to dismiss any journalism he doesn’t like as “fake news.” This daily drumbeat has clearly taken a toll on the Fourth Estate.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Haha, the left doesn't want to destroy or fundamentially alter the core of this country. In other news college students who have been brought up and indoctriniated in the progressive American education system have never been taught basic civics don't understand what the first amendment is.

Comment

• Damn those elites who go to college, they aren't real Americans.

Comment

• Nice strawman

Comment

• Fake news!

The fucking orange monkey's plan is working. His supporters are too stupid to see through his bullshit.

Thank goodness we still have the press to try to keep this jackass in line...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              Haha, the left doesn't want to destroy or fundamentially alter the core of this country. In other news college students who have been brought up and indoctriniated in the progressive American education system have never been taught basic civics don't understand what the first amendment is.
              That is a big problem from both sides of the aisle. And it's folks like those leftists at the ACLU that are trying to protect it.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The fucking orange monkey's plan is working. His supporters are too stupid to see through his bullshit.
                says the guy who cut-and-pastes his opinions because he has trouble with English grammar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  That is a big problem from both sides of the aisle. And it's folks like those leftists at the ACLU that are trying to protect it.
                  https://www.vox.com/2017/8/20/161678...harlottesville

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    says the guy who cut-and-pastes his opinions because he has trouble with English grammar.

You dumb fuck. I cut and pasted a relevant article so you didn't have to click on a link.

You probably think it's fake news

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      You dumb fuck. I cut and pasted a relevant article so you didn't have to click on a link.

You probably think it's fake news
                      It is fake news, because it isn't news, it's opinion. It's only through cognitive dissonance should that article be considered "news"

Comment

• An opinion article is not news. It is an opinion article. It can include facts on which that opinion is based though

Comment

• In this case, I believe these issues fall squarely on the feet of democrats. As to many listed in the polls above regarding the understanding of our Gov't.
                          I agree. In a lot of the statistics CGVT posted, you see the workings of the progressive educational "reformers". Modern high school students are simply not taught civics.

Really, the WaPo article is an indictment of the educational system. But being the Post, they have to take gratuitous pokes at Trump. The threat to free speech comes almost solely from the left. They are the ones who wanted to put "climate deniers" in prison. They are the ones who believe violence is warranted to stop the speaking of ideas they disagree with. They were the ones taking to the streets because they lost an election.

But the biggest danger, as the article says, is this country is moving away from the belief that Hegelian argumentation by two or more sides about matters of importance often results in some better solution. We no longer admire the man who stands on a street corner spouting something we disagree with. The modern Dem party would smash that guy's teeth in.

Comment

• The article would be closer to news of the premise was correct. It pretends that news corporations were 100% objective. They aren't, none of them are. I don't even think an outlet that only reported facts with no spin could remain in business in our society, it's all entertainment and bias, which is sad.

Comment

• I'd disagree. Both sides want to silence speech they disagree with...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Da Geezer thinks it's better to post WSJ paywalled links because he hasn't grasped the concept of cookies.

Comment

Working...
                                X